invites applications from current County Employees and the General Public for the position of:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Starting Salary Range:
$57,366 – 63,901
Exempt position, not eligible for overtime
Safety Sensitive Designation:
This position is not designated as safety sensitive and is not subject to random drug and alcohol screening.
1/19/21 at 5:00 PM
(The Human Resource Office will be closed on Monday, January 18, 2021 in observance of the Dr. Martin Luther King’s Birthday holiday.)
Assists and advises the County Judge in the execution of his/her responsibilities as the Chief Elected Official for Pulaski County.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
● Oversees the administrative functions of the County Judge’s Office and acts as liaison for County Judge with other offices.
● Manages and maintains County Judge’s calendar.
● Assists division directors with respect to administrative functions, practices, and other matters.
● Serves as liaison between the County Judge’s Office and other county, city, and state officials, as well as the general public.
● Supervises and manages the internal operations of the County Judge’s Office and staff.
● Plans and organizes meetings involving the County Judge and mayors, Quorum Court members, judges, governors, U.S. Congressmen, business leaders, chambers of commerce, CEO’s and presidents of major corporations, other elected officials, staff, or citizen groups.
● Coordinates large meetings by inviting attendees, securing meeting space, arranging presentations, and planning for refreshments, if needed.
● Prepares materials or handouts to be mailed to those invited to attend or for distribution at the meeting.
● Coordinates meetings for out of town attendees by procuring a block of rooms, arranging for transportation, scheduling speakers, preparing meeting materials, coordinating meals and other duties as assigned.
● Arranges and coordinates County Judge’s business travel, including hotel reservations, securing airline tickets, verifying that conference registrations are paid and ordering per diem for the trip.
● Conducts project research, compiles data, and reports to County Judge.
● Ensures that County Judge’s campaign reports are filed in the Circuit County Clerk’s office in a timely manner.
● Tracks vacation and sick leave for office staff in order to prepare payroll reports.
● Trains and supervises office staff.
● Prepares the annual budget for County Judge’s Office.
● Answers a variety of requests and correspondence.
● Represents County at public and civic functions as required.
● Assists with special event planning such as the opening of Two Rivers’ park bridge, opening of jail, Community Centers, and Health Clinics.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Performs other related duties as required.
PERSONNEL SUPERVISED: Provides supervision to one Administrative Research Specialist.
● Visual acuity necessary for use of the computer screen.
● Digital dexterity needed for keyboard operation.
● Ability to communicate professionally both orally and in writing.
Work is performed in a smoking restricted office environment with occasional attendance at functions with outside agencies.
Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration; considerable experience in a government setting which includes supervisory and management experience; or any combination of experience and training which provides the required skills, knowledge, and abilities.
Must possess or be able to immediately obtain a valid Arkansas Driver’s License.
Must be able to become a Notary Public.
Satisfactory completion of a criminal background check.
Applications must be filed online at www.pulaskicounty.net.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or call (501) 340-6110.
Page 1 of 1