This assignment will be a remote worksite location.
The Transportation Planner is responsible for improving overall transportation effectiveness through daily planning, analysis, and issue resolution.
Key Job Responsibilities:
Collect daily shipping load requirements from multiple sources and locations, plan and schedule transportation, and ensure the timely delivery of the company's freight to a multi-regional geographic area using Oracle Transportation Management System (OTM).
• Tender loads by OTM to carriers.
• Communicate with all BBU locations to manage BBU transport movements, communicate carrier arrival times for loading dock schedules, and resolve open issues related to the movement of product between locations.
• Interact with bakeries, co-packers, and distribution centers to ensure the effective execution of the OTM plan.
• Quickly responds to carriers, production sites, and distribution centers and re-plans accordingly to address and resolve issues.
• Conducts the reporting activities for transportation activities including all outbound/inbound transportation, including efficiency and service level metrics.
• Creates and distributes routine reporting to assist management with operational and strategic decision-making.
• Perform compliance audits that product transports are maximized for payload and efficient equipment utilization through route optimization throughout the assigned geographic area.
• Shall identifiy, develop, and assist in the implementation of cost-saving opportunities & initiatives while maintaining high service and response levels.
• Provides technical support for all market area initiatives including routing, cost control, asset management, and negotiations for transportation services, etc.
• Coordinate continuous movements between BBU locations and backhaul opportunities within the assigned geographic area.
• Other duties as assigned, such as transportation compliance audits, KPI reporting, and project support.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
• Well organized and able to handle multiple projects and priorities
• Excellent computer skills required
• Ability to work effectively with multifunctional teams
• Strong communication skills (written & verbal)
• Functional Proficiency
• Strong customer focus with all levels of customer and internal management
• Results Achiever
• Change Leadership
• Learning and Adopting Best Practices
• Intercultural Sensitivity
• People Oriented Leadership
Education and Work History:
• Bachelor’s Degree in supply chain management, transportation, logistics, business, or related field preferred; relevant work experience also considered.
• Two (2) years’ experience in a logistics environment, tendering loads, experience managing Transport routing schedules through an IT-based model, best cost scenarios, and carrier performance preferred
• Two (2) to four (4) years’ experience utilizing a major TMS platform; OTM or G-Log preferred
• Exposure and knowledge of all facets of supply chain operations
• Knowledge of DOT regulations