We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Business Manager to join our team in Washington, DC to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC.
The Business Manager will lead and oversee the work of employees and business systems supporting our multi-year Service Delivery contract on the client's site and be responsible for ensuring the efficiency of business operations as well as setting strategic goals for the future.
The ideal candidate will be well-versed in all matters business. They will be a competent leader able to provide guidance that enhances performance in a manner which incorporates the company's and the client's vision and culture with the goal of ensuring the sustainability and profitability of our contract, and driving sustainable development and long-term success with our client.
• Primary liaison between SAIC back office and Service Delivery contract working on client site. Embedded with the Service Delivery entity. In this role, you will wear many hats as it relates to the following areas:
• HR: Ensuring adherence to company policies as it relates to onboarding/termination, pay and benefits, performance evaluations, and general welfare of employees on contract. Working with payroll and HR to resolve any employee issues.
• Security: Working with security to ensure contract employees maintain appropriate clearances. Ensuring all clearance requirements are adhered to.
• Accounting: Ensuring timely and accurate invoicing; developing project budgets and maintaining actuals and forecasts. Utilizing Earned Value Management ensuring contract run rate stays on target with budget. Ensuring all transactions are properly recorded in a timely manner.
•Task Order Management and contract modifications: Working with Contract Manager to ensure all task order deliverables are met and modifications processed accurately and in a timely manner.
• Project RFPs: working with Project Manager to develop cost proposals and cost volumes as requested.
•Client Executive: collaborate with the client executive promoting and seeking out growth opportunities
•Project Management: Provide reports and support to project management regarding all aspects of financial and contractual management as needed. Assist project managers with maintaining project budget and forecasting, deliverables, requests, meetings and presentations.
•Financial Planning and Analysis: Develop tools and processes to maintain project budgets, forecasting, ETC, EAC, billability, and other financial metrics against contract awarded funding. Provide ad hoc reports and analysis as required by project team. Review and communicate project financials to project manager. Attend required meetings with project team as project financial SME.
Bachelor's Degree and 10 years relevant work experience in leading business operations or equivalent
• PMP certification a plus.
• 4 years' experience as a resource/accounting manager with direct experience managing a federal contract. Experience with Earned Value Management.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to brief senior leaders and executives on program performance, including issues, successes, and potential risks. Ability to communicate complex financial concepts to non-financial audiences.
• Strong financial analysis skills. Ability to review trends and identify risks. Independent, critical thinking and creative solutioning are crucial.
• Careful attention to detail is a must.
• Strong Financial systems experience required. Microsoft Office mastery. SharePoint experience a plus.
• Ability to establish and develop relationships with stakeholders to become a trusted partner.
• Ability to work independently in a fast paced and highly variable environment ensuring appropriate priorities are made.
• Ability to maintain flexibility on tasking if need be. Ability to understand the strategic goals while administering the operational tasks.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability