Genesis10 is seeking a Business Manager for a permanent position with a financial services client located in Midtown, New York City.
This role will provide the right candidate the opportunity to take ownership and drive change within the organization, building out the business management function for the corporate side of the firm.
The Business Manager requires experience in business analysis and project management. They will have oversight across numerous functions, including risk and controls, business continuity, disaster recovery, attestations, and vendor management. They may also assist with hiring additional resources and training initiatives. They will also be responsible for financial management, including budgeting, licenses, purchase orders, forecasting and related analysis.
The Business Manager will play a key role in driving consistent reporting and governance, particularly with BCP and DR. The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of tasks and will be able to work well independently as well as in a team environment. They will need to be willing and able to step into individual key projects when needed to help with business analysis and project delivery. The candidate must be exceptionally well organized, flexible and enjoy the challenges of working on multiple tasks across a variety of technology initiatives and business products.
- Drive projects across the regional and global platform to establish business management processes and consistent standards
- Develop close links across the global team and with key business partners in Finance, Technology, Legal & Compliance, Operations, Human Resources and other groups
- Ownership of Business Continuity Planning and Disaster Recovery Road Map and Testing and Remediation
- Monthly & Quarterly Financial Management Reporting and Analysis
- Financial analysis and spend management for new and existing technology projects
- Annual Budget Preparation & Financial Forecasting
Skills, Experience and Education:
- Prior experience in Business Management, with a minimum of 7 years of professional experience required
- 3+ years' experience in financial services, with asset management or investment management considered a plus
- Strong organizational and project management skills with emphasis on technology solutions
- Motivated team player and flexible in approach with ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; presents ideas in a clear, concise and constructive manner
- Ability to prioritize, working to tight deadlines and flexible to meet workload
- Keen to question, challenge and improve
- A methodical thinker able to resolve complex issues daily
- Strong analytical skills, ability to analyze business processes with an eye for process improvement
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, apply today!
Genesis10 is a leading U.S. business and technology consulting firm with hundreds of clients needing proven talent and solutions to power their strategic initiatives. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at www.genesis10.com "Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V "