Chef/Food Service Managers lead & inspire excellent customer service to our residents. They manage day to day operations of the dining services department. This includes staffing, budgets, and customer service. This position also acts as head chef.
Job duties :
- Develop / follow standardized recipes and food production schedules. Prepare and serve foods indicated on planned menus, using standardized portion sizes and approved substitutions.
- Prepare foods for limited, modified and therapeutic diets, according to physician orders and / or diet manual criteria.
- Responsible for ensuring meals are served at scheduled times with correct temperatures, and are tasty and appealing.
- Prepare required department records for reporting.
- Oversee the cleanliness of the dining facility.
- Ensures that all dining services meet State Regulations and guidelines for assisted living facilities.
- Regularly visit with residents in the dining room to assure resident satisfaction.