Civil Engineer - Pipeline and Hydraulics
Joe Hill Consulting Engineers is seeking a Civil or Mechanical Engineer to serve in a staff augmentation role for a client located in the Sierra Foothills, adjacent to Yosemite National Park.
The Engineer would work in a team with other consultants and engineers from our client agency to provide planning, design, and construction support for Water Infrastructure conveyance projects. This work requires direct interaction with clients on a daily basis.
Projects will include improvements to:
- Large diameter pipelines and valve stations
- Penstock Improvements
- Dam Outlet Works
- Wastewater Treatment Plants
The initial assignment would be expected to last at least one year, but may be extended for multiple years. The initial assignment is a remote/work from home position, but the role will require some onsite visits to project job sites. Future assignments may require reporting to our office in San Francisco or elsewhere in the greater San Francisco Bay Area.
- 3 to 7 years of planning and design experience, including experience as a project engineer
- California Professional Engineering license in either Mechanical or Civil Engineering
- Background in hydraulics of large pipelines,
- Ideally some or all of your experience is for public agency clients located in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- You are an excellent communicator and enjoy direct client contact and professional networking.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit, and are self-motivated and passionate about your work
- You like work to be a mix of logic, creativity, real-world experience, and common sense.
Joe Hill Consulting Engineers is a growing water resources consulting and engineering practice.
We are building a company that offers specialized consulting services to the managers of water and wastewater systems. Our focus is in getting operations right, recognizing the value in real-world experience in operating and maintaining complex water infrastructure systems.
We seek to build a team that believes in and is excited to live our Core Values and Mission. Refer to our company website for details.