Reporting to the Senior Director of Content Strategy, the Content Editor will play an important role in the ongoing development of Pillsbury’s Digital Center of Excellence, one of the first dedicated digital marketing functions amongst AmLaw 100 law firms. This individual will serve as one of the firm’s principal content engines and as a primary editor for a multitude of written materials. Ideal candidates must be able to work with lawyers and various other internal stakeholders to produce sophisticated content—spanning client alerts, web pages, fact sheets, brochures, white papers, biographies and more—that appropriately reflects the strengths and objectives of all related practices, lawyers and initiatives. In addition to undertaking general content creation and editing assignments as part of a larger digital marketing team, this individual will have primary responsibility for crafting the various awards nominations put forward on Pillsbury’s behalf.
Representative Key Responsibilities
- Collaborate with lawyers, firm leaders and marketing colleagues to determine the rationale behind incoming collateral requests, discuss available approaches and formats, and draft quality content that meets those needs.
- Execute compelling submissions that garner important third-party recognitions for the firm and its lawyers.
- Serve as an editor for marketing materials, overseeing and upholding the firm’s existing marketing style guidelines and standards—across all types of content—to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Forge strong relationships with key contacts at various awards organizations to ensure broad awareness of available recognition opportunities and understand their underlying methodologies.
- Understand and implement a consistent firm voice across communications, bringing a reliable tone to all external-facing firm materials.
- Introduce ideas for sourcing new—and leveraging existing—content and suggest novel channels for delivering said content to target audiences.
- Contribute to overall development and implementation of the firm’s digital marketing strategy and operation.
Required Education, Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (journalism or marketing preferred).
- 5-7 years’ relevant experience (legal industry experience a plus).
- Ability to manage and work under tight deadlines is a must.
- Exceptional writing skills, a good grasp of grammatical rules and a keen eye for detail are critical to success in the role.
- Experience engaging directly with senior executives a definite plus.
- Strong understanding of content best practices specific to digital marketing channels (e.g., email marketing, SEO/ search, blogs, social media and digital advertising platforms) also helpful.
Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.