As part of the West Digital Communication department, the GlobeNewswire distribution network is one of the world’s largest, giving companies global reach and the ability to target their messages to the audiences that matter most. We are currently seeking an Content Editor to join our fast-paced, growing team where no day is the same in El Segundo!
The editor plays a key role in helping drive clients’ Press Release distribution services. Content editors review and convert (format) clients’ press releases under time sensitive deadlines and distribute them via our global network to journalists, terminals and websites. This role involves high concentration in proofreading and customer service. This role does not offer original writing skills. Our clients rely on content editors to ensure their press releases are edited and converted correctly, and quickly, all the while providing superior customer service.
Day to day responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review press releases for grammatical and spelling inconsistencies and errors. This does not involve fact checking. No original writing is required.
- Format press release to match the clients' original version as closely as possible
- Communicate with clients via phone and email
- Collaborate with teammates to ensure all press releases and emails are handled in a timely manner
- Assist clients with regulatory needs, such as SEDAR and EDGAR filings
- Assist clients with account maintenance, such as managing email lists, adding new users and accounts, and managing multimedia libraries
- Develop knowledge and aid in the support of other West Digital Media Solutions offerings
- Other duties as assigned