At the University of Central Florida, we dream big. Founded in 1963, UCF has grown to be one of the largest universities in the nation for a very good reason: We harness the power of scale in innovative ways to transform the lives of our students and create lasting impact on the world at large.
Our Facilities Operations group is seeking well qualified individuals to apply for the role of Director, Housekeeping. Duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for all services to the Housekeeping and Recycling Service areas and other University departments relative to such projects. Analyzes job and overhead costs and changes methods and procedures as necessary to improve the department’s efficiency.
- Evaluates condition of buildings and systems and recommends and initiates work orders. Through frequent personal field trips, monitors the progress of jobs toward completion as scheduled. Takes personal responsibility for major shifts of resources in order to meet deadlines of critical jobs.
- Prepares estimates for Preventative Maintenance work orders, issues work orders, completes work orders, schedules jobs and follows them to completion, keeping jobs on schedule and within budget; provides remedial action when necessary.
- Responsible for the technical planning, organizing and coordinating the operations of housekeeping for main campus buildings' day-to-day activities, and recycling services university wide.
- Plans, develops policies, directs and manages personnel, implements and controls programs for housekeeping preventative maintenance, deep cleaning, housekeeping projects and all shifts managers.
- Assist the AVP with special projects which may include planning, implementing, and completing studies and reports for improving administrative and operational service performance. Assist in developing policies and procedures for administrative areas such as timekeeping and shared fleet procedures and policies
- Responsible for determining the various operating budgets relative to Housekeeping and Recycling Services Unit activities, helps monitor to see that expenditures are within prescribed limits and takes action to control expenditures. Develops and implements procedures for supply and equipment requirements, requisitions and follow-up.
- Develops and implements procedure for administration and supervisory tasks involved in personnel counseling, timekeeping and job records in conjunction with Facilities & Safety Human Resources unit.
- Responsible for staffing levels within Housekeeping and Recycling Services, oversees the contracted labor personnel. Updating duties and initiative cross training in order to find greater efficiency in the organizational structure
- Provide guidance and assist in the development of the department's Performance Appraisal process for departmental supervisory staff. Provide supervisory guidance and training to all management levels across units.
- Responsible for the continued expansion and development of the university solid waste and recycling programs beyond their present state: further develop operational procedures, staffing and budget; expand the collection systems beyond the current state to increase the efficiencies with new technology and an expanded recycling collection area on campus,
- Participate in the F&S response and participation in the UCF GameDay efforts, representing Facilities Operations and F&S, and Director level participation, credentialing through Athletics, budgeting, and recycling programs during GameDays.
- Responsible for the development, planning, execution, and sustainment of the Housekeeping & Recycling Services staff into the Reliability Based Maintenance methodology and practices for work efficiencies and design, through the CCMS AiM work order system.
- Responsible for the development and evolution of the 24/7 campus in regards to Housekeeping & Recycling Services, to allow for better service delivery of an ever growing and over used campus spaces. Establish third shift teams for 24/7 coverage, continue to develop the migration to a 24/7 campus services as the university continues to expand.
- All other duties as assigned.
UCF offers competitive pay consummate with experience and a variety of employee benefits including health insurance, vision insurance, and dental insurance. Additionally, full-time employees may be allowed to enroll for up to six (6) credit hours of eligible instruction per term on a space-available basis without payment of tuition and fees. For additional information, please reference the following link: hr.ucf.edu/prospective-employees/insurance/
For additional information about our department, please feel free to visit the Facilities Operations website at www.fo.ucf.edu.