Job Description Summary
The Task Force Director of Sales is responsible for generating top-line revenues in assigned market segments and meeting/exceeding market share goals for defined hotel(s). The successful candidate will be extremely self-driven, possess excellent communication and customer-relations skills and have solid business acumen. This is a Task Force travel-based position requiring frequent domestic travel throughout assigned hotel(s). Travel is required 75% - 85% of the time. The role is primarily hotel based where there is a vacancy of a sales role, and or, needs additional sales support.
The Task Force Director of Sales will work closely with the General Managers, Regional Team, and supporting lead teams to achieve sales objectives and revenue goals. This role will also work directly with the Sr. Director of Extended-Stay sales and Regional Sales team to assist with projects needed to support the sales efforts within the Extended-Stay brands.
- Direct, organize, and execute sales activities to maximize hotel’s market share in Corporate Negotiated, Group, and Extended Stay segments.
- Manage relationships with key clients through direct client contact at their place of business, business gatherings, entertainment, virtual, or at hotel.
- Actively participate in the negotiations of and ensure the completion of RFP’s, leveraging relationships with Company Global Sales as appropriate.
- Performs outside sale calls to develop leads and generate new business.
- Ensure the accurate documentation of all sales activities and bookings within the Company sales management system, Amadeus: Sales & Event
- Partner with operations departments to ensure full participation in servicing accounts.
- Identify sales-related opportunities for the hotel, weighing costs and potential returns by using market projections, industry reports, and other statistics (e.g., STR, Demand 360, and Kalibri).
- Collaborate with GM and Revenue Manager on pricing strategy for Corporate Negotiated, Group, and Extended Stay requests.
- With assistance from the Regional Sales Director, identify training needed for the supporting sales team to continue growth and development to help achieve overall goal of top-line revenue and market share targets.
- Complete annual marketing plan and quarterly sales action plans, and additional reports and communication as needed.
- Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly meet or exceed sales activities goals outlined in the CRM and by the Sr. Director of Extended-Stay Sales.
- Coordinate and review all sales-related hotel operations, including but not limited to site inspections, tours, VIP guests, and in-hotel marketing events.
- Manage and guide the Guest Service Sales Associates and General Managers for site inspections and sales calls when ADOS is not in market.
- In coordination with the General Manager, act as the representative of the hotel at community and market events and in the broader community.
- Ensures proper detailing and contracting so that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented.
- Formulates and submits formal and informal sales proposals to prospective customers in the field, at the hotel, and over the phone.
- Follow company direction, process, and expectations of assigned hotels.
- Timely and accurate submissions of required reporting and data requests.
Strategy and Planning
Additional Job Description
- Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Administration, Business Administration, or related field or 2+ years in a Sales related role.
- Multi-Unit / Area experience preferred.
- Successful record of direct sales and new business development.
- Travel to assigned hotels, clients, and related business events are a requirement of the job.
- Travel at times will be significant, up to 85% including overnight travel for a minimum of 11 days at a time is required.
- Travel to supporting hotels on a rotating schedule or as deemed necessary by the Sr. Director of Extended-Stay Sales and assigned RSD. Commitment to be onsite for a minimum of 11 days (Example: Monday through the following Thursday or Friday) during scheduled assignments.
- Travel booked two weeks in advanced, preferred, based on timing of assignments.
- 'Knowledge of systems, technologies, and research and distribution channels related to sales preferred (e.g., Delphi, Meeting Broker, Cvent, Bid Clerk, ZoomInfo).
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Frequently standing up, bending, climbing, kneeling, and moving about the facility.
- Will be exposed to commercial cleaning chemicals
- Carrying, lifting or pulling items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently handling objects and equipment.
- Will be required to work mornings, evening, weekends, and holidays.