- Manages and coordinates all departmental team members in the various work assignments to ensure a department that is run efficiently and productively in providing excellence in cleaning services to the guests and owners. Routinely inspect units and common areas to ensure they are in compliance with departmental standards.
- Monitors guests requests and compliance, resolving issues and coordinating efforts with other departments as necessary to provide excellent service.
- Ensures that an accurate inventory of linens and supplies is maintained. Helps oversee the Lost and Found and uniform exchange and ensures proper procedures are followed. Monitors all laundry operations and assists with the carpet and floor maintenance program. Ensures all assets of the department, equipment, supplies and storage are properly locked and secured.
- Hires, supervises, disciplines and trains all staff under the direction of the Housekeeping department and assists with administrative tasks associated with maintaining proper documentation such as payroll timekeeping records, staff schedules, vacation hours, etc. May investigate accidents and initiate accident reports recommending appropriate corrective action. Ensures all departmental staff is working safely and in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Adheres to all corporate required purchasing policies and controls to include all outside contractor bids, budgets and schedules. May be required to conduct departmental meetings. May be required to do other duties and special projects.
- Carries out a reasonable request by management.
We offer a fantastic benefit package to our full-time Team Members that include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan, Paid Time Off (PTO) program and outstanding travel benefits!
Hilton Grand Vacations is a leader in the vacation ownership industry, operating with an unwavering commitment to innovation, quality, and continued growth. At the core of our company’s success are our Team Members. To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Previous experience in managing operations operating under a Collective Bargaining Agreement
- 2+ years of related management experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to build and maintain productive working relationships and negotiate with a range of internal and external clients
- Able to work flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- High school Diploma or equivalent
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- 4+ years of related experience
- Knowledge of timeshare ownership
- BA/BS/Bachelor's Degree
- CPR/First Aid
- Bilingual (Spanish Speaking) Preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.