Our client, a prestigious university in Cambridge is looking for a 6 month temporary part-time (10-20hrs/week) proofreader and editor. Must have editing experience, the ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure.
Due to COVID-19 this role will start remote, and most likely, be remote for the length of assignment (6 months+)
- Review and edit both print and digital materials created both in house and with agency partners.
- Edit website content, email, presentations, workshop materials, and newsletters
- Make suggestions, edits, and review for accuracy on marketing materials
- Review documents for accuracy and compliance with regulatory standards, including federal and state requirements.
- Partner with the marketing team to communicate all edits and changes made to materials.
- Manage high volume of document review and meet internal deadlines for review completion.
- Maintain records and documentation of changes and edits made.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably with concentration in English, journalism, communications, or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years experience as a copy-editor/proofreader in a communications department or advertising agency required.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite tools, particularly Adobe Acrobat.
- Strong communication skills, but verbal and written.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Excellent editing, proofreading, and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to details.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment.