Eckerd Connects Community Alternatives
Eckerd Connects' Community Alternatives is the community-based care lead agency for child welfare services in Pasco and Pinellas Counties and manages one of Florida's largest systems of care, serving about 3,100 children each day. A Program of Eckerd Connects and governed by a community-based board, Eckerd Connects Community Alternatives has developed an integrated and collaborative system of care for safety, well-being and permanency of vulnerable and at risk children, while strengthening and supporting families. In its role as lead agency or "system manager", provides: adoption support; child abuse prevention; child placement; contract and fiscal oversight; foster home management; performance and data management; resource development; and utilization management.
Please follow the link for more information about this program: https://eckerd.org/family-children-services/foster-and-adoption/eckerd-community-alternatives-pasco-pinellas/
Eckerd wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education, advancement, and the chance to contribute to business objectives. We offer competitive salaries and an excellent comprehensive benefits package including:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary term life insurance
- Paid short-term and long-term disability
- Professional group liability insurance
- 19 days of Paid Time Off the first year
- 8 paid holidays
- Flexible spending accounts
- Retirement savings plan with employer match up to 5%
- Mileage reimbursement
- Cell phone plan discounts
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible work schedules
- Employee Wellness/Well-Being program
This position is responsible for the coordination of Early Head Start, Head Start, and Educational support services for children placed in the Pasco and Pinellas County foster care system. The incumbent will serve as a liaison between dependency case managers and the school systems to ensure that referred children ages 0 to 5 are linked to Early Head Start and Head Start services and children ages 6 and above (who are performing below grade level) are linked to the tutorial supports necessary to achieve academic success. This position will be responsible to ensure all youth of school age are enrolled in school.
- Works with Eckerd’s Director of Education and the School Guidance Counselors to identify additional supports needed for children ages 6 and above who are below grade level and/or are in need of additional academic support.
- Serve as an education resource specialist for case managers, foster parents and relatives.
- Assist case management in obtaining education records and resources for children in care.
- Works with the ECA Utilization Manager to explore resources to support academic support needed for foster youth.
- Assist with identification and enrollment of appropriate foster youth in the Foster Care GED program offered through the School District on-site.
- Tracks the academic performance of all foster youth (in licensed care) ages 15 and above, ensuring that they are linked to the educational programs needed to get or remain on track for graduation.
- Tracks the academic performance of all youth in extended foster care (ages 19 to 21) that are working on completion of their high school diploma or GED.
- Provides dependency case managers up-to-date information on the academic needs of foster children referred to Eckerd’s Education Center.
- Identify barriers or obstacles to service delivery; report on appropriateness, necessity and effectiveness of services provided; assist in developing plans for eliminating or reducing identified problems, determining probable causes, creating solutions and replicating good practice.
- Provide educational consultation services as necessary to assist in determining service needs of children within our licensed foster care system.
Education: Bachelor’s degree, from an accredited College or University, required.
Experience: Experience working within the child welfare system and Head Start, preferred; preference will be given to applicants who are also familiar with the Pasco/Pinellas County School Districts.
Physical Demands: Ability to sit at desk for long periods of time, and tolerate extended periods of data entry. Must be free of communicable diseases as required by the state and to the extent that knowledge is attainable under the law.
Other: Must meet state criminal background check requirements.
Travel: Must be able to meet requirements for Eckerd’s Auto Insurance and be able to drive for business purposes. Must maintain an appropriate and valid state driver’s license.