Foods people love. The life you imagined. And the city that rocks.
When you partner Nestlé USA and the city of Cleveland, the result is a rich experience that offers you a fulfilling personal and professional life.
Did you know that the Cleveland metropolitan area was ranked as one of the most affordable cities in the US by Forbes Magazine? From its diverse communities to its endless arts, entertainment and sports experiences, Cleveland continues to rock.
At our Nestlé USA Cleveland campus, located in the Solon suburb of Cleveland, you will discover the ways that Nestlé USA values and supports our employees and community. Offering you a strong culture with competitive benefits, you will have limitless opportunities to learn, and advance your career. Giving back continues to be a part of the Nestlé tradition. As the world’s leading nutrition, health and Wellness Company, our focus is not only about nourishing our customers, it’s about enriching you.
This position gathers and interprets financial information effectively and forms data into meaningful and concise analyses while considering a broad range of interdependent issues. Identifies areas for change and makes recommendations while managing multiple demands and competing priorities.
At this level, the analyst continues to develop their financial and technical skills and interact with cross-functional teams throughout the organization. The analyst exercises good judgment, stays focused on results, and ensures the integrity of financial reporting in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
Position is responsible for the creation of reports and analysis of cost of goods manufactured while providing insights and understanding of the impact on Cost of Goods Sold. This position will require supporting assigned Division(s) and or SBU’s while performing functional tasks across multiple Divisions and/or SBUs. This role will need to be able to communicate with multiple customers including Factory Finance, Divisional & Brand Co-Pilots & Ops Controllers.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / KEY OUTPUTS
- Support the creation of Factory Operational Budgets and Dynamic Forecasts. Coordinate analysis and presentation of results to management in a consistent format across all factories.
- Manage monthly forecasts working with division, Ops controller and factory teams
- Support the creation of factory budgets
- Provide insight into the establishment of Plant Cost Savings Targets
- Support the updates to Forecasts (Risks & Opportunities) providing insights for operational cost variances and purchase price variances
- Execute the PEC process and provide critical decision support insightful reports to meet customer key requirements
- Prepare various plant operational financial performance reports supporting the analysis of factory financial performance
- Track and analyze actual cost savings performance on a monthly basis
- Review the reconciliation of Plant Variances to the Dynamic Forecast considering the contribution of Cost Savings Projects, identifying cost aggravations and one time savings
- Create baseline COGS analysis at the SKU, Pack and Brand level for assigned Division
- Baseline analysis will include Volume/Rate/Mix variance calculations
- Impact of COGS variances on SKU/Pack/Brand costs
- Provide insights / explanations to ad hoc questions
- Provide visibility of Product Related Other (PRO) Budget/DF vs Actuals to Ops Controller and Division. Requires interaction/relationship with Technical Application Group (TAG) & factories
BASIC / ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS
- BA/BS with major or minor in Accounting or Finance, or BA/BS degree with coursework up to and including intermediate accounting
- Must be willing to travel 5%
- Minimum of 18 months experience in Accounting/Finance
- Hands-on knowledge of financial statements, including balance sheet, income statement, cash flow and footnotes thereto (ST-1)
- Knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Standards (US GAAP) or International Accounting Standards (IAS) assumptions, principles and constraints (i.e. economic equity, going concern, monetary unit, periodic reporting, historical cost, revenue recognition, matching, full disclosure, cost-benefit relationship, materiality, and conservatism) (ST-1)
- Working knowledge of financial concepts & principles including cash flow, NPV, IRR, ROI, Economic Profit, etc. (ST-1)
- Nestlé Accounting Standards (NAS) & Nestlé Costing Standards - for internal candidates
- Knowledge of the principles of cost accounting and activity-based costing, when required (ST-1)
- Proven ability to perform balance sheet & profit/loss account reconciliations & analysis (ST-1)
- Demonstrated ability to comply with policies & procedures (ST-1)
- Proven ability to perform analyses of variance between actual costs and budgeted/forecasted costs (ST-1)
- Basic financial modelling skills (BL-1, 8)
- Computer skills: MS Windows, including intermediate Excel and Word, PowerPoint; SAP (or the equivalent) experience
Demonstrated ability to:
- Build relationships at various levels and influence decisions (BL-5, 8)
- Solve problems, synthesize information from disparate sources to deliver comprehensive and actionable analysis. (BL-5)
- Resolve conflicts / discrepancies positively and professionally
- Commit to the first-time quality and accuracy in all work (ST-1)
- Manage/organize time, information and resources effectively in order to meet deadlines and respond to requests on a timely basis; multi-task (ST-3)
- Solve problems independently when appropriate
- Clearly and effectively communicate with others in written and verbal form
- Be service oriented, attentive to detail and committed to achieve customer / company goals (BL-9)
- Work effectively within a team environment (P-1, 5)
- Negotiation skills
- Apply good judgment and professional integrity in decision-making (BL-5)
- Take initiative (ST-1, BL-7)
Fluent in English and in the language of the market
SPECIALIZATION / EXPERTISE
- CPA, CMA/CFM preferred
- Food industry experience preferred
- Willingness to relocate for career advancement
- Familiarity with Operations Research tools and processes
- Experience with Database Management Systems
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, SQL, Essbase, MS Access
- Working knowledge of core SAP Modules (including table layouts) i.e. Materials Management, Sales & Distribution