Ultra is currently recruiting for a Government Property Manager (to sit in Chantilly, VA or Braintree, MA) to lead our Government Property team at multiple company sites. In this role, the candidate will be responsible for Property business system compliance and approval. The candidate will manage appropriate phases of the internal and Government surveys of the Government Property Management System, assuring deficiencies are immediately addressed by advising the responsible supervisors of findings, recommending solutions, and assisting in the development and implementation of Corrective Action Plans. Other typical duties will include the following:
- Create, update and maintain records (active and retired) in current and accurate status reflecting the various life cycle events (cradle to grave) including maintaining supportable evidence via soft or hard copy of the life cycle transactions.
- Prepare and/or manage budget estimates for own work scope, and those performing distinct property tasks.
- Provide government property guidance on all new business proposals or contract awards.
- Ensure compliance with company policy and procedures, contractual and FAR/DFARS requirements.
- Interface with other functions to ensure property record keeping and reporting.
- Provide work status to manager on an established basis.
- Be proficient in eQUIP!; understand full potential and applications; proficiency in Oracle is a plus, but not required.
- Resolve complex systems problems. Analyze current practices for deficiencies and determines potential corrective action. Develop strategies, testing and analysis methods for more complex problems with limited guidance from management. Develops practical and economic solutions to property problems with high complexity in compliance with given requirements.
- Prepare presentations for internal/external peers, and customers.
- Participate and lead work groups.
- Demonstrate independence in establishing Property requirements from regulations.
- Demonstrate ability to complete self-assessments to validate our system effectiveness.
- Identify property issues and implement potential solutions to mitigate risk.
- Demonstrate ability to use customer systems: PIEE, PCARRS
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant discipline(s), industry practices, trends, and applications.
- Maintain a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies as well as company required training.
- Share responsibility of self-development with immediate supervisor.
- Maintain an awareness of regulatory changes and their impact on contracts.
Required Skills :
- Associate's degree
- 10+ years of work experience required
- 5+ years of direct experience in management and administration of a Government Property organization
- 3+ years of UID Registry and DCMA eTools; must have PIEE experience
- 7+ years of experience in Defense Contracting environment.
- 7+ years of FAR part 52.245-1 and part 45, DFARs part 245 and other contract clauses impacting government property (keep current with changes)
- Ability to obtain a US Government security clearance. Security clearances are granted to U.S. citizens.
- Direct experience in management and administration of Government Property.
- Good working knowledge of in-plant managerial relationships and operations.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills to interface with government representatives and internal departments.
- Willing to exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Willing to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Writing skills must be adequate to write procedures implementing FAR/DFARS change and make the necessary reports and correspondence.
- Good planning, time management, organization skills and must be detailed oriented.
- Willing to set priorities and work to multiple deadlines.
- Sound interpersonal skills used when interfacing, coordinating, and negotiating with Company personnel, customers, and suppliers.
- Willing to use computers to prepare appropriate reports and documents.
- Proficiency in use of word processing, spreadsheet and database development programs (such as Word, Excel, ERPs and Access).
- Willing to make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Willing to develop/demonstrate research and presentation skills.
- Willing to interpret and manipulate complex data and/or systems.
- Analyze and generate complex data/reports.
- Resolve complex issues.
- Responsible for detailed review tasks for specific government property elements.
- National Property Management Association (NPMA) membership and certification as a Certified Professional Property Manager (CPPM) is preferred.
Ultra specialises in providing application-engineered bespoke solutions. We focus on our customers’ mission critical and intelligent systems in the defence, security, critical detection & control markets. Our capabilities and technologies can be found on many of the world’s long-term military programmes. We employ over 4,500 employees across the globe and are listed on the London Stock Exchange. Ultra operates mainly as a Tier 3 (sub-system) and occasionally a Tier 2 systems provider, in the Maritime, C3 (Communications, Command and Control) and Cyber, military and commercial aerospace, nuclear and industrial sensors markets. We use both research and development, to provide innovative, mission specific bespoke technological solutions to our customer’s most complex problems. Learn more by visiting our website: https://www.ultra.group/
We offer medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, health savings accounts, paid time off, and a 401(k) plan with a Company match.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60–1.4(a), 60–300.5(a) and 60–741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing compensation. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodation statement: If you need an accommodation for any part of the application process, please email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]