The main function of a graphic designer is to create designs, concepts and sample layouts based on design principles and concepts. A typical graphic designer needs to have a high level of creativity and able to communicate their ideas to both internal and external clients. The ability to be flexible to client demands, work well under pressure and multi-task are required skills.
location: Woodland Hills, California
job type: Contract
salary: $28 - 30 per hour
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Associate's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Creating layouts and doing text edits in a software program on a Mac computer
- Follow brand guidelines and compliance regulations
- Plan, analyze and create visual solutions to communication problems
- Develop overall layout and production design of publications or web interfaces as they relate to graphic design
- Prepare sketches or layouts to present to client
- Create charts and graphs from data given
- Production: making copy edits, changing out photos, formatting copy and utilizing style sheets following brand guidelines.
- Experience with Indesign
- Must have healthcare experience in a corporate environment
- Knowledge of paragraph styles and tables
- Basic ability to utilize various forms of media, including print, electronic and film
- Basic ability to visualize in 2D and 3D and understand aesthetic aspects of design
- Previous experience using the computer to create layouts and generate new images
- Experience with Adobe publishing and graphics software
- Associate's degree in design and/or certificate in graphic design required
- 0-2 years experience required
skills: MS Office
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.