The Virginia Economic Development Partnership (VEDP) is seeking a Graphic Designer to assist in day-to-day design projects for the Marketing and Communications Division. This position will be responsible for assisting team members in designing branded marketing communications for VEDP, including but not limited to industry print pieces, presentation tools, signage, business cards, letterhead and promotional materials.
- Develop both print and electronic collateral materials, including general marketing and industry specific brochures, as well as reference materials produced in conjunction with other departments
- Execute routine graphic design projects, such as briefing documents, internal communications and newsletter, event invitations, rankings, and one-pagers
- Assist in the process of taking staff photos in-house
- Utilize technical skills to edit and prepare internal photography, as needed, across both print and online platform
- 2 years of graphics experience, including mastery of the Adobe Creative programs such as Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
- Advanced experience with PowerPoint
- Considerable knowledge of general marketing, social media, SEO, collateral development, website management and communications techniques is key
- Knowledge of advertising techniques and planning is helpful
- Knowledge of economics, business and management techniques is a plus
- Ability to prioritize work and effectively manage multiple projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 2-5 years of graphic design experience in an office setting
- Post-secondary degree in graphic design, advertising, communications or fine arts and/or professional certifications is preferred
- A valid Virginia driver’s license is required
All candidates must apply through our website https://www.vedp.org/about-vedp. Salary minimum: $50,000. Application deadline: Open Until Filled.
VEDP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or against otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities. It is VEDP’s intent that its employment and personnel policies and practices conform to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Applicants requiring more information or requiring assistance may contact VEDP Human Resources at 1-804-545-5634 or [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. TDD 1-800-828-1120.