TMC Transportation is the nation's largest employee-owned, open deck transportation company. Founded in 1972, and headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa, TMC provides expert transportation services and supply-chain management solutions throughout the 48 contiguous states. If you're seeking a rewarding career at a dynamic company built on integrity, innovation and dedication to quality and customer service, then join us in our Destination of Excellence.
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Ownership - ESOP!
TMC Transportation has an immediate full-time opening for a Night Auditor working out at our Baymont Inn and Suites Hotel in Des Moines, Iowa.
The primary function of a Night Auditor is to run end of day processes and supervisor the hotel overnight.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Check guests in and out of rooms using computer.
- Be able to take guest reservations by phone or in person.
- Operate hotel switchboard in order to transfer guest calls and record and make guest wake up calls.
- Responsible for balancing cash drawers for all shifts
- Complete daily audit report.
- Oversee the gift shop and complete transactions related to the gift shop while on duty.
- Have knowledge of and use proper procedures for any safety and/or security issues that occur during shift.
- Ability to operate laundry equipment to wash, dry, fold and store laundry.
- Deliver rollaways, cribs and additional guest supplies if requested.
- Keep all work areas and lobby clean and orderly.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Good working knowledge of computers.
- Must have strong customer service skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively to customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical requirements and work environment described are representative of those present while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to sit and use telephone and computer, simultaneously, for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to climb up and down stairs.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to speak and hear clearly in a high volume telephone environment.