The Padre Hotel is looking to immediately hire a qualified, enthusiastic, full time Housekeeping Manager. Located in the bustling Downtown Arts District, Bakersfield’s Historic Padre is a sophisticated boutique hotel with a fine dining restaurant, a hip lounge, nostalgically happening bar, and beautifully appointed environment for our guests. We are looking for world-class employees who go the extra mile and create the atmosphere that keeps our guests coming back time and time again.
- 2 + years experience in Hospitality/Housekeeping.
- Be able to maintain The Padre Hotel standards of cleanliness in an efficient professional manner and contribute to an excellent guest experience.
- Have a positive, team-oriented attitude with a focus on providing an excellent guest experience.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods and seasons.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities at the same time.
- Able to read, write and speak the English language fluently to interact with customers and employees. Strong verbal communication and writing skills.
- Ability to lead and train other employees on specific duties.
- Flexible schedule **Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the company**
Example of Duties (this is a sampling and not an all-inclusive list):
- Establish schedule and plan daily work assignments.
- Maintain staffing levels
- Train employees in the housekeeping department on proper protocols, procedures, and standards as determined by the company and management
- Coach and Counsel employees in the housekeeping department if standards of performance are not met
- Ensure that all operational and safety procedures are being properly followed.
- Receive and respond to all housekeeping requests.
- Ensure all public venues, including Prospect Lounge, Brimstone Bar, Farmacy Café, Prairie Fire, Belvedere Dining Room, all banquet rooms, lobby, fitness room, and public restrooms are clean for guest usage.
- Inspect and approve work performance of staff (public areas and guest rooms).
- Maintain and conduct weekly inventory counts and place orders as needed.
- Develop and train staff on policy.
- Participate in operations meetings with other managers to communicate and address any concerns.
- Uphold the highest standards of cleanliness, safety, and conduct.
- Ensures the proper maintenance of all departed related equipment
- Planning, organizing and directing team members to ensure the highest degree of guest satisfaction.
- Planning and continued management of a deep cleaning schedule for guest rooms and public areas.
- All other duties as assigned by Hotel Manager and General Manager.
This venue is operated by Eat.Drink.Sleep. In return, we offer competitive wages and caring, attentive management personnel. Employees are eligible for generous discounts at all venues operated by Eat.Drink.Sleep.
The Padre Hotel provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Padre Hotel complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Padre Hotel utilizes E-Verify to confirm all hired applicants’ right to work in the USA.
Bakersfield’s best hotel, Padre Hotel, first opened its doors in 1928 and today is Bakersfield’s only 4-Diamond Hotel. After being closed for several years, the historic hotel underwent a transformation to become a sophisticated boutique hotel with restaurants, nightlife, wedding venues and conference facilities. After a long day out in the oil fields, working on the farm, or just exploring Bakersfield, come unwind in our luxurious guest rooms, host your private event, or enjoy one of Padre Hotel Bakersfield’s five unique dining options.