Human Resources Manager
Join our growing team working to build stronger communities in Appalachia! Fahe is on a mission to eliminate persistent poverty. Our unique collaborative model connects a Network of local, regional, and national leaders, all working together to uplift our nation’s rural places. Since our inception in 1980, the Fahe Network has served 616,694 people, made $908.2 million in direct investments, and achieved a total cumulative financial impact of over a billion dollars in Appalachia.
The Human Resources Manager performs duties at the professional level in some or all of the following areas: administration of employee benefit programs, onboarding, new hire orientation, maintaining employee information in HRIS/payroll systems, bi-weekly timesheet audit, maintain personnel files, and coordination of employee events. This position also performs office management duties such as facilities management, automotive fleet management, supply inventory and order placement. This position will also assist the VP of HR with recruitment of new staff, Business Continuity Plan, staff evaluations and staff events. Must be sensitive to organizational needs as well as employee goodwill.
Essential Duties and Functions:
● Benefits Administration
● Employee Recognition Programs
● Assist with Employee Evaluation systems
● Maintain personnel files
● Assists with Recruiting and Onboarding processes
● Conduct portions of new hire orientations
● Facilities Management
● Inventory and order all office supplies
● Daily office management tasks
Requirements for this position include:
● Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with employees, business partners, and community agencies.
● Ability to adhere to strict confidentiality rules.
● Demonstrated organizational and time management skills and ability to multi-task.
● Ability to solve problems creatively and maintain high degree of flexibility and composure.
● Excellent customer service approach with ability to multi-task;
● Ability to work independently and collaboratively;
● Articulate; Self-motivated
● Strong organizational skills with strict attention to detail;
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
● Demonstrate a professional demeanor;
● Ability to retain and adapt within a consistently changing environment
● Knowledge and proficiency working with MS Office applications
● In-depth understanding of office management and daily operations
● Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and conference room audio/visual components
Preferred Education and Experience :
● Two years experience in Human Resources and Benefits Administration
● Office Management experience
● Currently have, or ability to acquire PHR certification within 18 months
For the past four years, our staff nominated Fahe has one of the top 100 Best Places to Work in Kentucky. Fahe is an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking applicants who can bring diverse viewpoints, experience, talents, and culture to promote our organization’s mission of eliminating persistent poverty in Appalachia. We offer a diverse work environment with competitive salaries and excellent benefits. Visit www.fahe.org to learn more about Fahe.
Qualified candidates may submit a resume and cover letter to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or mail to Fahe/ATTN: Human Resources; 319 Oak Street; Berea, KY 40403.