The on-site Manager plays a key role in supporting the technology needs of internal and external customers; supporting A/V equipment and technology training for regular equipment users; aiding with the setup, production and customer service support for online meetings. The United Way Worldwide property includes integrated A/V solutions in a large auditorium, classroom environments, innovation lab, various breakout and meeting spaces. The Manager is responsible for the overall delivery of assigned work projects within the scope of A/V systems and equipment, troubleshooting, responding to and resolving help desk tickets, being the on-site subject matter expert (SME) for online meeting platforms and support to include Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and Adobe Connect. Manager will determine work tactics and priorities, project deliverables and resource requirements. The manager will manager in scope vendors and contractors and manage budget and billing. Participates in the development of departmental work plans, processes and systems.
Please Note: Videography, Photography, Multimedia production, video production, graphic and creative design, advertising, and photo shoot work is outside the scope of this position. This essential position requires on-site, hands-on experience with A/V equipment and infrastructure, working and training experience using the online meeting platforms and collaboration tools listed above, the ability to consult with diverse cross functional groups on topics related to A/V and meeting platform needs, and be a member of the overall technology support team.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
The Manager is responsible for coordinating logistics, and where necessary, setting up and supporting the various events and classroom/training rooms for United Way Worldwide. Responsibilities include:
- Daily operations of all A/V systems and services
- Provide maintenance of the audio-visual systems. This maintenance shall include both preventative and remedial maintenance.
- Mange AV service contracts to perform maintenance and repairs. Includes invoicing and billing.
- Stay current with innovative A/V solutions, work closely with service contractor to build ongoing A/V technology refresh roadmaps to support client’s needs.
- Conducting A/V management activities that provide for the best audiovisual experience of the client's needs, both on time and within budget
- Manage Enterprise Adobe Connect Pro, Brightcove, and Zoom accounts. Includes administration, customer support, account management, and billing.
- Subject matter expert (SME) for online meeting and collaboration tools providing one-on-one and group training for cross-functional teams.
- Consult with cross functional teams to build and support A/V solutions based on diverse event requirements
- Occasional off-hours event setup, troubleshooting, production, and support
- Responding to and resolving help desk requests related to online meeting and collaboration tools, online platform and application support and troubleshooting, hardware and software troubleshooting and support, and general technology consultation for staff and partner United Way members seeking technical support assistance where appropriate.
- Working of digital media editing
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience.
- Certified Technology Specialist (CTS) certification required.
- Three years of advanced-level experience in a similar role.
- One to three years of experience in a leadership role.
- The ideal candidate should be customer-focused and results-driven.
- The candidate should be responsive to urgent requests and have the ability to train and mentor others on the effective use of meeting and classroom space A/V technology.
- Candidate will have to consult with outside parties, both technology-versed and technology-averse; ability to communicate clearly is required.
- The candidate should be entrepreneurial; suggesting ideas for improving processes and tools, and be able to work well under pressure.
Minimum requirements include experience with some or all of the following:
- Excellent working experience with online meeting and collaboration tools such as Enterprise Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Adobe Connect Pro, Cisco’s Web-Ex, and GoToMeeting.
- Working experience with integrated AV systems
- Working experience with HD cameras (PTZ)
- Working experience with LED and laser projectors, LED panels, capture devices, and hybrid audio conferencing mixers.
- Working experience with Osprey Video and Audio capture cards
- Working experience with Crestron DMPS, touch panels, Kramer video switches, Tesira Audio DSP, Crown amplifiers, and wireless microphones.
- Working experience of web-streaming appliances
- Working knowledge of Z-Band video distribution systems
- Working experience with Online Video Platform providers such as BrightCove and YouTube.
- Working experience with Live streaming providers such as LiveStream, Workplace (Facebook) Live.
- Working experience with any/all of the following software products: OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) Adobe Presenter, Adobe Live Media Encoder, Resource Scheduler (meeting room booking), Audacity
- Working experience of Office 365 E3 Subscription suite of applications.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
You believe in a culture of inclusive excellence and value the differences that make us each unique. You are professional and kind; curious and passionate about your work; seek a stimulating and rewarding career; and, sincere in your desire to help others. Join our dynamic team and use your talents and ambition to make a difference in the world—help individuals and families achieve their human potential and build stronger communities.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE:
United Way brings people, organizations, and communities together around a common cause, a common vision, and a common path forward. In many communities, we're the only nonprofit building up the cornerstones of education, financial stability and health—and the only nonprofit bringing people together from all walks of life to be a part of local solutions. We're engaged in nearly 1,800 communities across more than 40 countries and territories, where people are powering big ideas and big action by donating, volunteering and speaking out through United Way.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA with local, remote, and international employment opportunities. Our culture is People First—we take it seriously and, because of that, we take good care of people. How good? We offer a competitive salary and generous benefits package including tuition assistance and professional development; dress for your day; free onsite parking and gym; wellness programs; volunteering opportunities and leave; and, paid time off (PTO) and paid leave for religious observance, voting, family sick, medical appointment, and, parental/adoption. Additionally, we offer access to comprehensive health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance; employee assistance program (EAP); and, a 403(b) plan—it’s a long list. We encourage growth and upward mobility—and want you to succeed in a diverse, inclusive, and ethical workplace. Take action, join our Team—apply now.
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. We are an equal opportunity employer and recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, marital status, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, and other legally protected characteristics, in accordance with applicable laws. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or call 703-683-7860 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE’S DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLE:
We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
Join us in embracing diversity, equity and inclusion for every person in every community.