At the University of Central Florida, we dream big. Founded in 1963, UCF has grown to be one of the largest universities in the nation for a very good reason: We harness the power of scale in innovative ways to transform the lives of our students and create lasting impact on the world at large.
UCF's Resource Management department is seeking well qualified candidates to apply for the role of Manager, Housekeeping I. This posting is for an overnight third shift position. The chosen individual will oversee the third shift housekeeping staff. Duties of the positions include but are not limited to:
- In consultation with the Director and Sr. Manager of Facilities Operations, the Manager organizes and implements processes and programs related to meeting building cleanliness standards. This position is the primary point of customer contact which represents the organization and is responsible to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Supervises the work of Housekeeping Superintendents and Supervisors to ensure that their direct reports have the training equipment and supplies to meet building cleanliness standards.
- Performs random audits of buildings to monitor the level of cleanliness and staff performance.
- Examines best industry practices and other model programs and develops a comprehensive plan for achieving the operational objectives for consideration by University senior management.
- Prepares and completes any forms involved in the hiring process within the custodial supervisory staff.
- Interviews and selects custodial Superintendents, Supervisors and Housekeeping front-line staff.
- Meets regularly with building occupants to ensure that they are satisfied with the cleanliness of their buildings and the services provided by the housekeeping staff.
- Provides staffing and budget information to the Director and Sr. Manager of Facilities Operations.
- Establish and maintains standard operating procedures to ensure consistency in the cleaning of assigned buildings.
- Trains the Superintendents and Supervisors so they can train their staff in proper and safe cleaning techniques and SOPs.
- Works closely on a day to day basis with contracted housekeeping services providers.
- Prepares bid specifications and initiates requisitions and forms pertaining to the hiring of contracted workers from staffing agencies or contractors to prepare and complete day to day cleaning in academic zones or perform special projects.
- May be asked to assist other Facilities Operations areas in times of personnel shortages and emergencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
UCF offers competitive pay consummate with experience and a variety of employee benefits including health insurance, vision insurance, and dental insurance. Additionally, full-time employees may be allowed to enroll for up to six (6) credit hours of eligible instruction per term on a space-available basis.
For additional information, please reference the following link: hr.ucf.edu/prospective-employees/insurance