Are you passionate about creating shareable, creative and engaging video?
TEGNA is looking for a creative and talented editor and photojournalist to join our national VERIFY team with the mission to educate and debunk false information. The ideal candidate will be able to use latest photojournalism skills, text on screen, still photos, sound and video to create engaging and eye-catching "must share" content for both broadcast and digital platforms. We are looking for a strong editor and photojournalist to join a collaborative award earning national team of journalists.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Shoot and Edit high-quality video content that starts with a digital-friendly style but extends to all platforms and helps establish a stronger brand of unique video content.
- Use the latest editing and photojournalism tools for creative storytelling of the highest journalistic standards
- Storytelling through video for a range of formats and audiences
- Must have a professional demeanor and work well/as a team player
- Ability to professionally work through design and production challenges using creativity, experience and industry insights
- Stay connected to your work to ensure the highest standards of product delivery
- work as a problem-solver
- Must be deadline minded
JOB REQUIREMENTS include:
- At least three years of experience working as non-traditional editor and photojournalist
- ENG photojournalist experience
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, reprioritize time and efforts, and pivot quickly
- Advanced knowledge of non-linear video editing software
- Advanced knowledge of motion graphics video software, including Adobe suite of products
- Experienced team player with excellent communication skills
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 62 television stations and four radio stations in 51 markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching over 38 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks Justice Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.