Vidant Medical Center is a 900+ bed Level-1 Trauma Center, regional referral hospital and is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health. We serve as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center provides acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient services to more than 1.4 million people in 29 counties. But it's in our work environment that you'll find our sense of family and closeness that permeates everything we do.
- Associate degree in communications, journalism, media arts or related field preferred
- Three to five years prior experience in shooting, writing and editing video - prefered
- Experience in a Mac-Based computing and production environment - preferred
- Experience shooting video using both ENG camcorders and DSLR cameras - preferred
- Experience in an academic setting or news/media environment required, as is a strong sense of current video production and editing trends including, but not limited to, web, social media, broadcast television and radio - preferred
- Must be a motivated, self-starter with effective interpersonal, oral and written communication and organizational skills
- Ability to meet strict production deadlines and willingness to work different schedules to accommodate productions. Moderate travel
- Creative mindset to problem-solving and ability and initiative to innovate. Must be able to constantly think of new and creative ways to tell a story through the lens and in an edit
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.