Network Video/Telepresence Specialist Raleigh NC 3-6-month contract to hire (CTH) Pay is $50.80/ hr.
Must be a US Citizen USPS Postal Clearance Required
Sorry, no C2C or third party resumes.
Our client is seeking a Network Video/Telepresence Specialist to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Raleigh, NC and is an on-site position with no telecommute possibilities. This position is part of the Our client's ETS Contract with the United States Postal Service, bringing top of the line professional technologists to their teams.
This individual will join the Content Delivery team and perform work with Telepresence, Digital Signage, WAN acceleration, Multicasting and network troubleshooting. They shall work independently or semi-independently with a minimum of guidance or direction. This position will work with the team to install, upgrade and maintain the network components for video and content delivery. This position will be standard work shift M-F 8-5:00 PM with flexibility to work nights and weekends only for upgrades, patches or installs.
We are looking for an ideal candidate with strong network infrastructure background and network infrastructure skills. You will need to be able to troubleshoot any issues and be familiar with Cisco networking devices. Must be willing to work in a lab environment to test out new equipment and configurations and document results and work well with others and able to communicate information clearly to our customers. Experience with digital signage and WAAS is a plus. This is not an entry level position.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or associated discipline and minimum 5 years’ experience. Additional experience may be accepted in lieu of Degree,
• STRONG network experience and network infrastructure skills
• Excellent troubleshooting/deployment and analytical skills.
• Strong networking knowledge and must know the fundamentals of multicast (Sparse Mode) and QoS. • Must have an understanding of video as a whole and how it works over the network.
• Must be able to use MS Office tools to generate designs and technical drawings.
• Knowledge and understanding of Cisco WAAS or VCS
• Must be a US Citizen and have or be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust Clearance
• Applicable Cisco and networking certifications
• Knowledge in one or more of these three areas:
1. Video Conferencing
2. Digital Signage
• Past experience with WAN Acceleration & Video Technologies, especially in Cisco Video Conferencing technology and enterprise network environment
• Local to the RDU / Research Triangle area (this position does not provide relocation assistance)
#zr #cb #cj