KOMO 4 News, in Seattle, Washington, has a job opening for a News Photographer. We are seeking someone who can see beyond the lens and tell compelling video stories. You will cover day to day general, in-depth features and investigative assignments. You will produce and post unique content to social media platforms. We are shooting on ENG cameras and editing on desktops and laptops. You should have strong editing skills in non-linear edit systems, have and maintain a valid license and a good driving record, possess excellent people skills, a strong work ethic, and a great attitude. A passion for story telling is essential in this position.
Your creative visual storytelling must reflect an ability to capture excellent video and audio. We need a Photojournalist who can wear many hats; is a team player; is flexible with scheduling and shows great initiative. You must be able to gather news, shoot video, and edit your stories with or without a reporter. Knowledge of local and national news is a plus. Our news staff prides itself on personal integrity, teamwork, accountability, and great storytelling.
- Operates ENG cameras and related equipment
- Shoots and edits stories using AVID Media Composer
- Operates cameras and live backpack equipment on live reports
- Produces and posts content for social media outlets, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Drives and operates KOMO News vehicles
- Perform general maintenance on news vehicles when necessary
- Operates portable microwave gear, video over cellular and fiber optic remotes for news broadcasts
- Monitors police and fire radios in the vehicle and maintains two-way communication with the news department
- Maintains camera equipment, this includes recharging batteries, careful handling and storage, keeping equipment clean and free of dust and moisture, and advising the TV News Chief Photographer of worn, damaged, lost, or faulty equipment
- Makes recommendations to the Assignment Planner on story ideas or leads
- Performs other related duties as required and/or assigned
- At least three years working in a professional newsroom
- At least two years of ENG experience with a news organization
- At least one year of shooting experience
- Must have valid driver’s license and a good driving record
- Ability to operate ENG news vehicles
- Technical knowledge of editing and photo equipment
- Ability to lift and carry between 25 and 50 pounds on a regular basis
Please include a recent web link of your work while completing the online application.
This position is represented by Local #600 of the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees and Moving Picture Machine Operators of the United States and Canada, AFL-CIO. Our successful candidates will be required to join the union and pay union dues.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. Also, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, our own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open-door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.