Responsible for the research and design of new products and systems and for product performance and design improvement activities. Perform engineering analysis to ensure designs meet both cost and performance goals. Establish and manage design schedules and engineering test plans. Hands-on support for root cause analysis, prototype development, and implementation of designs. Effectively communicate design progress to the project stakeholders
- Knowledge of MS Office and SolidWorks.
- Must be able to develop and interpret technical drawings and specifications of electrical and mechanical systems to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Strong knowledge of metal and plastic fabrication processes.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of 2D and 3D Modeling software.
- Hands-on mechanical shop skills desired
- Must proficiently establish key quality characteristics, tolerances, and test methods to ensure the project objectives are met.
- Must problem-solve, train, direct, and communicate effectively and possess proficient organizational, interpersonal, and multi-tasking abilities
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- 3+ years of related experience.
- Strong graphic design background.
- Must be a self-starter with initiative and an ability to identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Ability to identify and recommend changes in work methods, process, and equipment to reduce
costs and/or improve quality.