Under direction, manages strategic analysis of various data sources and maintains/builds models and tools to estimate and project customer patterns, including existing and new impacts from proposed projects or changes. Assists with all areas of Planning in support of developing transportation plans.
Performs highly complex analytical tasks in support of transportation planning.
- Builds and/or updates models used to estimate and predict customer travel patterns.
- Builds and/or updates tools and reports that process raw data to produce summarized analytics for use by Planning staff.
- Conducts technical analysis using economic, demographic, and ridership data to advise on current issues and trends that may affect ridership, service, or use of property.
- Collects and analyzes service area travel behavior trends.
- Assists in the development of operational performance and quality of service analyses.
- Prepares materials for reports, memos, and/or presentations including: statistical charts, maps, and other documents to illustrate findings and recommendations.
Identifies and analyzes trends and opportunities in internal areas such as service adjustments, pricing, and promotions and external areas such as parking, employment, population, and competing and complementary modes.
- Succinctly communicates findings to internal and external customers.
- Routinizes existing and new trend reporting using business intelligence tools.
Serves as knowledge expert and liaison on behalf of the Planning department.
- Helps respond to internal and external inquiries, including those from the general public, media, CTA Board, and elected officials related to data not provided by other Authority departments, including vehicle speeds, service levels, and customer travel patterns.
- Works with various departments to diagnose and resolve data issues and needs to ensure data used in planning decisions is accurate and available.
Performs related duties as assigned.
Reporting to this position are the following jobs:
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with various levels of Authority personnel and outside contacts.
- Keeping abreast of advancements in the field of transportation and data analytics as they relate to the needs of this position.