The Reliability Engineer supports a wide variety of electronic, mechanical and electromechanical product areas during the design, development, and production phases. This individual will work with product development teams providing design verification test support of commercial and consumer fitness equipment.
This is a hands-on position with responsibility for testing, test set design & development.
- Understandi ng of physical properties including shock, vibration, temperature, acceleration, force, torque, stress, pressure and displacement.
- Transforms performance requirements, design objectives or problem investigations into test methodology, planning and execution.
- Validate both new designs and proposed improvements to existing products.
- Design custom test fixtures as needed to ensure products are properly validated. Document all setups and results in formal test reports.
- Work with Design team to investigate the root causes of test failures and implement proposed corrective actions.
- Leverage test results to calculate the reliability of new and existing products and ensure all design objectives are achieved over the life of the product.