Fox Factory (El Cajon, CA) designs and manufactures performance-defining ride dynamics products primarily for off-road vehicles and trucks. Fox has an opening for a hands-on Automation Engineer with 5+ years of experience interfacing with Automation Integrators for specifying, installing, documenting, and troubleshooting automation equipment for new and existing products and processes.
- Managing automation projects built by outside automation suppliers including conceptual design work, equipment specification, project management, factory acceptance testing, installation, and commissioning/debug.
- Provide automation and process control leadership, configuration, and ongoing support for operations at 24/7 production plants.
- Identify potential process improvement projects, design and develop SCADA & PLC programs to address them properly.
- Provide Project Management leadership and communication to all project team members and functional managers such that the project objectives are clear, responsibilities are understood, and progress is tracked and reported.
- Develops, evaluates, and enhances manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Prepares Process Flow Charts, PFMEA (Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis) documents, Control Plans and Work Instructions.
- Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods, provides feedback for DFMA (Design for Manufacture and Assembly)
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes utilizing available floorspace.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout using Lean Continuous Improvement methods.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with all government regulations and safety requirements.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.