The Senior Director of Manufacturing Engineering and Supply Chain will support the development and manufacture of products in time to meet demand at the lowest total cost while maintaining compliance with prescribed quality and regulatory standards and minimizing inventory levels.
This includes responsibility for departmental expense and capital budget, supplier and material management, development and manufacturing engineering.
· Define and implement development and manufacturing strategies, including the engineering and production of goods at outside suppliers, consistent with objectives.
· Lead and develop a team that will accomplish the objectives with the right mix of fixed and variable costs.
· Work with departmental managers within the organization to accomplish the development and manufacturing objectives and assist other managers to successfully achieve their departmental objectives.
· Develop and implement goals/objectives and set appropriate department priorities.
· Plan and manage product development to support new product initiatives and business development programs.
· Plan and manage manufacturing output to support sales department forecast.
· Establish and manage external development and manufacturing vendors to successfully support organizational objectives.
· Develop and manage departmental expense budget.
· Manage, train and provide ongoing development/coaching to all reporting employees.
· Ensure that all development and manufacturing operations internally and externally, operate in compliance with Quality System procedures and that of the relevant regulatory bodies.
· Develop and manage the technical resources required to support manufacturing activities, i.e., manufacturing and industrial engineering.
· Maintain a safe working environment with established safety procedures.
· Cultivate open communication with all employees to foster a positive and productive working environment.
· Manage quotes, requests for information and requests for proposals to support global medical device manufacturing and packaging operations.