Senior Excess Transportation Commercial Underwriter
Commercial Wholesale MGA, with a focus on binding authority, is looking for a talented Commercial Underwriter to work from home. This has an above average bonus potential.
To produce a profitable book of business from each of the agents assigned to you.
To achieve the yearly individual production objectives set by management.
- To develop the business of an assigned group of retail agents:
- who have a certain loyalty to our company;
- who follow the philosophy of the company regarding submitting applications, binding risks, and paying in a timely manner;
- who regularly produce a minimum of $50,000 in premiums per year;
- who have an average “hit ratio” of 33%.
- To follow organization and department procedures and to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- To have a good attendance record.
- To produce a book of business equal to at least $250,000 in revenues to the company after a maximum of three years with us.
- To represent the company well in every instance.
- Quarterly traveling to main office will be required.
- Excellent computer, typing, word processing and speaking skills.
- Proficiency in the use of ImageRight and OMNI Plus.
- Ease with numbers, negotiation of premiums, details.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a Trucking Underwriter at an MGA or insurance company.
- Completion of classes and testing required for a General Lines License by the end of six months; regular completion of required Continuing Education classes.
- Excellent knowledge of rating, coverage, and underwriting guidelines for specific insurance markets.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to bring at hiring, or to develop within a reasonable time, enough retail agents to produce a minimum of $250,000 in revenues per year (within three years).Interest in becoming an “entrepreneur” regarding production, marketing and bonuses.