CHENEGA HEALTHCARE SERVICES, LLC
The Law Clerk II shall provide legal support for the Division of Economic and Risk Analysis. DERA provides impartial quantitative and qualitative economic analyses, accurate and reliable data, and insights from scientific research in support of the Commission’s mission, including the agency’s rulemaking, enforcement, and examinations functions for the Security Exchange Commission (SEC).
- Proofread and cite-check and otherwise aid reviewing legal documents related to the Commissions mission, including draft rule releases and economic studies and reports.
- Review and summarize legal documents for DERA staff in support of rulemaking activities.
- Assist with preparing and responding to Freedom of Information Act Requests.
- Search and pull specifically requested data from sec.gov or other websites or data providers, and organize data as directed for analyzing.
- Conduct legal research on Westlaw or Lexis (case law, statutes, and law review/law journal articles) to inform staff projects.
- Circulating documents in advance of meetings, assisting with coordination and follow ups for large-scale DERA projects.
- Sound working knowledge of federal and state court systems, legal research procedures, and legal research resources.
- Other duties as assigned
- Law degree from an ABA-accredited law school.
- 2 years’ experience as a Law Clerk.
- Minimum of at least one-year of recent experience proofreading, cite-checking, and otherwise reviewing legal documents in the last 2 years.
- Minimum of at least one-year of administrative law experience analyzing complex and/or factual issues in regard to the activities of administrative agencies of government; and/or conducting legal research on laws and legal principles governing the administration and regulation of government agencies (Federal and State).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Candidate must have experience with reviewing, analyzing, and drafting hard copy legal documents (not utilizing e-discovery).
- Possess strong legal writing and comprehensive reading skills.
- Ability to work effectively in an extremely pressured environment.
- Possess excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft 2010 or newer programs.
- Proficient in Westlaw/Lexis Nexis to conduct legal research.
- Ability to work on high-visibility programs and perform all functional duties independently.
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee may use repeated motions that include the arms, wrists, hands and/or fingers. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.