GDC IT Solutions is currently seeking a Senior Network Administrator in the Harrisburg, PA area.
The Sr. Network Administrator role will require you to work with a team of IT professionals in providing quality support services to our user base. The Sr. Network Administrator will be responsible for the setup, configuration, project management of the core Cisco network environment including Citrix Netscaler appliances, firewalls and the corporate IP phone system. The individual will be responsible for taking on technical leadership of other team members. This position will require an individual to work closely with management and external vendors. The individual must be able to communicate complex technical topics in summary form to various levels of management and vendors. This individual will also be critical to technical troubleshooting efforts, development of optimal network solutions, and resolving issues in a timely manner.
- Perform day-to-day Network Administrative tasks.
- Ensure complete ownership (technical and functional) of the network system. This requires the ability to proactively gain technical expertise/mastery of the systems through self-education, creativity, and experimentation
- Ensure high availability for Voice environment.
- Maintain and upgrade Cisco voice systems.
- Monitor network voice traffic to identify failures or potential performance problems.
- Act as primary contact for all level (2) and level (3) issues from the user community.
- Develop and maintain procedures for installation, upgrades, and configuration of network voice equipment.
- Research and recommend innovative and/or automated approaches for administration tasks.
- Identify approaches that leverage internal resources and provide economies of scale.
- Provide support per request from user community to investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Ability to communicate industry best practices and apply a practical implementation to the environments.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and supportive relationships with team members and users.
- Have general knowledge of the change control process.
- Able to work remotely and complete all required tasks in a timely fashion.
- Participate in 24x7 on-call responsibilities and maintenance window activities.
- Implement and maintain network security.
- Periodic travel to various Distribution Centers located across the US and Canada.
- 10 years of technical support experience, 5 years minimum at Senior level.
- Cisco CCNA is required.
- Experience with CUCM, UCCX, and CUC administration and configuration.
- Experience with Infomacast application.
- Experience with RightFax administration
- Experience with CTI / CRM integrations.
- Experience with redundancy and failover solution.
- Experience with firewall configuration and security relating to VOIP.
- Familiarity with network technology (i.e. Cisco switches and routers, firewalls, wireless devices, Netscape, or similar.)
- CCNP or CCIE highly desired.
What We Do
GDC is a full-service IT Staffing and Solutions company specializing in the areas of IT talent placement, application development, multilingual service desk, networking and infrastructure, business intelligence, and project management.
Why Work for GDC?
- Cutting Edge Technology and Innovation
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee-Centric Environment
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Holiday and Vacation
Equal Opportunity Workplace:
GDC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.