WHO WE ARE:
We are the world’s largest retailer of diamond jewelry and the world’s largest specialty jewelry retailer, with #1 market share in the U.S., UK and Canada. Signet operates approximately 3,200 stores globally, under the brand names Kay Jewelers, Zales, Jared, H.Samuel, Ernest Jones, Peoples Jewellers, Piercing Pagoda and JamesAllen.com.
ALL ARE WELCOME HERE:
Signet is a people company – this means that we put our customers and our employees at the center of everything we do. Our culture celebrates diversity and inclusion, while uniting around a common mission and distinct privilege of helping our customers Celebrate Life and Express Love®. We strive to make sure that our 35,000 employees have professional, personal and social development opportunities to unleash their full potential and have equal opportunity for advancement, regardless of their gender, race, sexuality or any other aspect of their background. At Signet, we nurture an inclusive environment where employees feel safe, supported and empowered at work each day. We do not and will not tolerate any behavior that undermines this effort.
This position is responsible for developing new analytics capability within the Transportation Solutions department with a concentration on Ecommerce shipping. A new capability will be developed within this department to support a more complex carrier footprint and sharp increases in shipment volume due to significant growth within the Ecommerce segment of the business. This position will develop strong working relationships with key business partners in Ecommerce and Operations to implement new technologies and analytics to better serve our customers, while ensuring appropriate shipment data and cost information is available to create data-driven decision making regarding transportation options for Ecommerce customers. This position will also be the project lead for Transportation Solutions in new solution or functionality implementations.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Develop and maintain new analytics and reporting to better support Transportation decision making as we shift to a Digital First retailer. Partner with carriers and audit companies to fully understand available data and work with internal partners to develop reporting and metrics to create higher visibility and transparency for transportation data. Become fully immersed in transportation data and correlate it with other available data, such as sales, to translate it into meaningful key data points to enhance our business intelligence.
- Lead projects for Transportation Solutions as we look to implement new technology solutions to support a Digital first strategy, with key focus on enhanced tracking and visibility of shipments to customers. Represent Transportation Solutions in projects implementing new services for customers, such as Same Day Delivery. Develop productive cross-functional working relationships with key stakeholders, such as Operations and Ecommerce to ensure coordination and successful execution of new initiatives and functionality. Act as a liaison between implementation personnel, leadership and transportation carriers/suppliers by conducting meetings to review project details and obtain needed approvals. Complete any testing required by Transportation Solutions team on projects.
- Prepare presentation materials or report summaries to clearly articulate findings to a targeted audience or executives. Translate analysis into business insights and recommendations for review to drive change within the business, focusing on creating a better customer experience and minimizing expense incurred by Signet.
- Complete research on transportation and ecommerce trends to identify opportunities to implement new transportation or customer delivery functionality or services to support a Digital-first Supply Chain organization at Signet. Review recommendations with leadership.
- Perform additional duties and projects as assigned
Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Operations Management/Research, Accounting/Finance, Statistics, Data Science or Analytics or equivalent job experience. PMP or PMI certification preferred. Certifications in Alteryx or Tableau preferred.
Required or Acceptable Job-Related Experience: 3-5 years with complex analytical experience and project execution.
Technical/Other Skills Required: Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint). Advanced knowledge of various business intelligence tools, including Alteryx and Tableau. Ability to work independently and be self-motivated. Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and demands of the position. Ability to develop and maintain effective cross-functional working relationships across the organization. Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to present information relative to the audience including taking complex problems and analysis and present in a clear, concise and easily understood manner.
BENEFITS & PERKS:
- Competitive healthcare, dental & vision insurance
- 401(k) matching after one year of employment
- Generous PTO + company holidays
- Diversity programs
- Paid subscription to PlateJoy
- Much more!