Wood Environment & Infrastructure is currently seeking a Senior Transportation Bridge Design Engineer for our Atlanta Operations.
This position is critical to our rapidly growing Transportation team in our Kennesaw, Georgia Office. Wood is a leader in Transportation with a focus on the highway mode, serving federal and state DOTs as well as local municipalities. Wood has key contracts in place and a strong project portfolio presenting opportunities for rapid expansion of this practice. We are looking for self-starter candidates with the blend of business, planning, engineering and analytical acumen needed for this exciting marketplace.
Our team is known for innovation and outstanding customer service and will continue to build on these values. This is a unique opportunity for leadership and growth within our Environment & Infrastructure business.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Contribute technical specialization to our Transportation Engineering practice
- Provide advanced technical knowledge in transportation engineering for federal, state and local governments with a focus on highways
- Technical expert for bridge design group
- Maintain thorough understanding of state-of-the art practices in bridge / structural design
- Expand the technical capabilities of the bridge / structural design group as a whole
- Lead complex bridge and structural design projects and support other projects or phases of large projects
- Direct/perform simple to complex bridge design and structural analysis
- Provide technical oversight and quality assurance on multiple bridge/structural design projects
- Develop new business through technical proposal development, networking, specialized service offerings, client interaction, conference participation and professional reputation
- Contribute positively to a committed professional team environment
- Lead, manage and perform assignments from concept through preliminary and final design
- Develop project scopes and budgets, interfacing with and maintaining clients.
- Mentoring and development of junior staff and design/drafters
- Development of project plans and schedules
- Contribute to strategic planning and development
- Demonstrate clear and concise oral and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to coordinate meetings, resources and presentations
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS) in Civil Engineering degree is required as a minimum; Master’s Degree (MS) is a plus
- 15+ years of bridge design and engineering experience since time of first degree
- Knowledge of transportation engineering principles and emerging practices required; firsthand Georgia Department of Transportation bridge design experience preferred
- Demonstrated technical ability in designing complex and/or signature bridges
- Experience designing a wide variety of bridge types
- Expert in use of AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications
- Committed to successfully mentoring bridge staff
- Proficient in using structural analysis software such as LARSA, SAP2000 and GDOT’s bridge design software
- Demonstrated professional judgment, consistency and attention to detail; proven track record leading and successfully completing small and large bridge engineering projects
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and data management skills are essential
- Familiarity with Georgia's PDP process delivery protocols and procedures preferred
- Registration as a professional engineer (PE) licensed to practice in Georgia is required or ability to acquire in 6 months from date of employment. Structural Engineer (SE) registrations is preferred; Professional registration in other states will be considered an asset
- Competence in MicroStation, InRoads, and Open Roads
- Must be an excellent communicator with extensive experience to include technical writing, oral presentation, and facilitation of client meetings
- Must demonstrate ability to manage designs and provide excellent client service
- Must pass drug screen, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.