The Cyber and SIGINT Solutions Operation under the Intelligence Group of Leidos is seeking an experienced web application developer to support a portfolio of products in San Diego, CA.
PROGRAM SUMMARY: Product development includes tactical mobile development as well as enterprise web application development. The portfolio of products support the Cybersecurity and Information Assurance domains. These systems deploy a variety of technologies and communicate with infrastructure interfaces to bring secure, modern-day Cybersecurity and Cryptographic Key Management solutions to the warfighter.
The successful candidate will work on a mix of web service development, full stack web application development and robust persistence layer implementations in an Agile Scrum environment. This involves the use of Themes, Epics, User Stories, acceptance criteria and other system engineering artifacts as part of an Agile team. He/she will use a variety of software engineering best practices and clean coding techniques to ensure that developed code is maintainable, efficient, reliable, understandable, secure, fault tolerant and meets S.O.L.I.D coding principles. The candidate will be knowledgeable about (and apply) secure software development principles and techniques. He/she will use software tools in cooperation with continuous integration and test automation while supporting software reuse and refactoring. He/she will support the software configuration management process and understand software components and their interface requirements. The candidate will interface with software engineers, system engineers, information assurance engineers, test engineers, quality assurance, and other project team members. He/she will be responsible for setting the standards and helping the team adopt and adhere to Test Driven Development (TDD) practices within the Leidos Agile Framework to ensure the proper degree of engineering rigor is applied to all assigned tasks. This position requires someone who is proactive and passionate about ensuring the quality of software deliverables and can communicate with the development teams (including Leidos, subcontractors, and customer representatives) what is required to achieve this effectively on assigned tasks.
What you will like about this position…
- Being part of an amazing team of professionals all passionate about the vision of the product suite and the positive impact it provides to our many customers.
- Implementing a wide variety of technologies and the use of powerful industry-standard development tools and practices.
Education: BS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 12+ years’ experience. At least 8 years of experience with software development / engineering, preferably in a web-based environment. Following are a list of required and preferred languages, frameworks and skillsets.
- Active Secret Clearance
- Works well in a team environment and has excellent written and communication skills
Preferred (some subset of the following):
- Experience in Scrum Methodology or other Agile environments (e.g., SAFe, XP)
- Experience with Web Services Architectures (REST, SOAP, AWS)
- Experience with Software CM (e.g., Git, GitHub)
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Quality, and DevOps concepts and tools / technologies (e.g., Ant / Maven, Jenkins, SonarQube, FishEye, Crucible, Gradle, Junit)
- Experience with Security Scanning (HP Fortify, HP WebInspect)
- Experience with Build Scripts (e.g., Maven, ANT)
- Experience with UI / Development Frameworks (E.g, AngularJS, Ionic, GWT, SmartGWT, Qt, React, Node.js)
- Experience with Mobile Application Development
- Experience with Eclipse IDE or similar (e.g., IntelliJ IDEA)
- Experience with Agile Management Tools and Concepts (e.g., VersionOne, JIRA, Rally, etc.)
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience with Automated Testing Tools/Technologies/Concepts (Selenium, Cucumber, Gherkin, BDD)
- Experience with Web Server Configuration (e.g., JBOSS, Wildfly, Tomcat)
Experience with Database Development (e.g., Postgres, SQL Server, MySQL, SQLite, Oracle)
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.