Our Sous Chefs partner with the Executive Chef to provide direction and training to team members by coaching, counseling, and providing feedback on job performance. The Sous Chefs are responsible for butchering and portion control, additionally they supervise team members who have been certified in butchering duties. We expect our Sous Chefs to have excellent communication skills, as they are responsible for the back of house team members and certain administrative tasks, including but not limited to scheduling, staffing, ordering and inventory. Our Sous Chefs oversee all back of house operations and food production for the restaurant and FIREBAR®.
What we expect of you:
- Provides support to Executive Chef in all areas of responsibility
- Manages back of house team members, operations, and food production for the restaurant and FIREBAR®
- Provides direction and training to team members by coaching, counseling, and providing feedback
- Accountable for ordering produce, seafood, and main food orders
- Conducts inventory bi-weekly in a team effort
- Responsible for scheduling back of house team members
- Responsible for team development by interviewing and hiring back of house team members to maintain staffing goals
- Supervises and participates in butchering and portion control on each shift
- Responsible for creating a positive environment that sets the expectation for quality food and a neat, clean and organized kitchen
What’s in it for you:
- Excellent earning potential
- Attainable bonus paid every other pay period
- Comprehensive training
- Two paid vacations annually
- Competitive benefits—Medical, Dental, Vision, & Life Insurance
- New store openings— several growth opportunities for all team members!
- Holiday closures— closed on Christmas and Thanksgiving Day; early closures on the Fourth of July and Christmas Eve!