Requisition ID: 46616 Title: Sr. Marketing Content Editor Division: Arthrex, Inc. (US01) Location: INC - Arthrex One (US33)
The Sr. Marketing Content Editor is responsible for supporting the content development process for print and digital marketing collateral, including writing, reviewing/editing, and approving content to ensure accuracy and adherence to all AMA, AP, and Arthrex styles and standards, as well as compliance with FDA rules and regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the content development process for a variety of promotional campaigns and educational materials targeted to surgeons, health care professionals, patients, agency representatives, and others
- Produce marketing content (e.g., newsletters, landing/web pages, advertising, messaging, etc.) to target specific audiences
- Collaborate with product management, project management, and creative teams to come up with fresh, creative content strategies, keeping our audience in mind
- Leverage data analytics and target demographics through participation in various market research initiatives, surgeon interviews, and workshops aimed at informing the content strategy
- Knowledge of SEO and industry best practices
- Deliver timely and accurate reviews of content at various stages in the review cycle
- Verify spelling and grammar, punctuation, trademark usage, medical terminology
- Ensure message accuracy and apply consistent product message (tone/terminology) across portfolio
- Ensure content adheres to AMA, AP, and Arthrex style standards
- Research and fact-check/cross-check tables, figures, references, graphics, citations, part numbers, etc.
- Review and revise drafted content in collaboration with marketing communications, product management, corporate communications, and other teams, clarifying any concerns and resolving them in the process
- Manage reviews within the Marketing Resource Management (MRM) system
- Simultaneously manage multiple project assignments of varying complexity and urgency
- Partner with cross-functional team of creatives, project management, and digital librarians throughout project life cycle
Knowledge and skills:
- Regularly contributes to the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards relative to medical marketing communications; considered an expert in their field within the organization
- In-depth understanding of company practices and standards
- In-depth understanding of orthopedic anatomy and scientific/medical terminology
- In-depth understanding of AMA, AP, and Arthrex styles
- Excellent copywriting and editorial skills
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Works under general supervision
- Work is reviewed for consistency of style and accuracy
- May mentor lower-level personnel
• 10 years of experience with BS/BA degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, or other related field required
• Experience with a medical education/ communications agency or orthopedic company desired
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed, additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.