Participates in all phases of system support. As a part of the technology and operations team, applies technological and system expertise to design, build, and maintain our data handling processes in order to provide outstanding value for our customers. Candidate must be eligible for an active TS/SCI and willing to take/pass a polygraph. This position is located in Suitland, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
This role is responsible for installation, configuration, administration, support, and maintenance of networks, including associated hardware and cloud resources. Duties include updating to new technologies, tuning performance, and prioritizing the implementation of critical system patches. This infrastructure includes on-premises and cloud resources.
- Develops, collaborates, and implements technical solutions.
- Supports customer requirements.
- Provides general network administration, mentoring and training personnel.
- Develops and updates technical solutions, operations, and maintenance documentation for personnel.
- Supports data center including racking and cabling diverse equipment.
- Resolves network problems in cooperation with senior network engineers.
- Troubleshoots problems using tools and routine procedures; escalates as appropriate.
- Executes scheduled maintenance routines in accordance with standard procedures.
- Interfaces with users and/or network vendors.
- Works independently and as a team member.
- Management and maintenance of switches, routers, firewalls, and administration of network security.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Travel (~ two weeks annually).
- Scheduled weekly hours: 40.
- Day shift – With occasional afterhours and weekends (< 3%).