Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Under minimal supervision oversees the housekeeping staff. Coordinates and performs housekeeping services to ensure a high standard of cleanliness both inside and outside the community. Assists staff in completing housekeeping duties, as needed.
- Supervises housekeeping staff and coordinates staffing schedules to ensure the proper cleaning of offices, public areas, residences, and community grounds. Conducts regular inspections of all resident and public areas.
- Plans and schedules cleaning programs, including but not limited to annuals, move-in preparations, and carpet cleaning.
- Monitors inventory levels, orders all equipment and supplies needed for department, and ensures the safe handling and storage of them.
- Assists in scheduling and conducting training sessions and department meetings for housekeeping personnel.
- Ensures staff is trained on the safe handling of cleaning chemicals in accordance with department guidelines and assures compliance with local, state, and federal safety standards, MSDS, OSHA, EPA and other applicable rules and regulations.
- May assist with monitoring the budget for the housekeeping department.
- Prepares resident charges/billing for housekeeping services when applicable.
- Assists housekeeping staff with cleaning duties, including cleaning floors, restrooms, kitchens, resident apartments and other areas as needed.
- Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED). Minimum of one year related experience and/or training. Previous experience or training in supervision and scheduling required.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization. Ability to use tact and judgment in dealing with varied personalities. Need to be flexible with schedule and time deadlines. Ability to supervise and schedule staff.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from equipment
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
Schedule: Regular Full-Time