Title : Technical Editor
Job Description: Our client conducts a variety of complex, large-scale research, evaluation, and technical assistance projects involving children, families, programs, teachers, and schools. We are seeking an editor and technical writer to support proposal, dissemination, and communications efforts for these projects. This is a part-time/on-call, hourly position. Work can be done via telework.
o Substantive/structural editing to develop, clarify or reorganize the document for content and structure
o Stylistic editing, to clarify meaning, eliminate jargon, polish language, and other nonmechanical
o Line-by-line editing; copy editing to edit for grammar, usage, spelling, punctuation, and other mechanics of the style; checking for consistency of mechanics and internal consistency of facts
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, English, communications, or a related discipline
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines
• Proficiency in MS Office programs
• Demonstrated ability to follow clients’ publication styles and editing requirements/guidelines, including APA 7th Edition
• Good judgment on where to focus edits and where to allow for stylistic differences
• Strong attention to detail
• General knowledge of 508 compliance
• At least 5 years of experience editing documents such as large reports, data tables and charts, chapters or books, journal articles, proposals, presentations, posters, and marketing materials
• Familiar with Education research, i.e. U.S. Department of Education
About Advantage Resourcing
Advantage Resourcing is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage Resourcing is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.