Are you looking for a groundbreaking opportunity that allows you to provide support to a rapidly growing company? If so, your next great career move may be with Pepperl+Fuchs!
A leading developer in the global automation market, Pepperl+Fuchs is looking for an energetic, detail oriented individual to fill an immediate need for a Technical Editor for our Marketing Department. We offer competitive salary and a comfortable work environment; plus great benefits and a strong PTO (Personal Time Off) Plan.
Our company culture combines the family atmosphere of a privately owned mid-sized business with the resources and opportunities available to a multi-million dollar international corporation. If you are looking for a career where you can be innovative and appreciated as an individual, P+F may be right for you.
As a Technical Editor, the duties may include but are not limited to:
Responsible for writing, editing, and proofreading various sales, marketing, and technical information.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Writes and/or edits marketing collateral including sales and marketing material, brochures, ads, flyers, white papers, PowerPoint presentations, magazine articles, web text, user manuals, videos, and catalogs.
- Translates and adapts German materials into English.
- Reviews, edits, and adapts German-to-English translations from other translators.
- Facilitates, edits, and enhances documents prepared by other authors, verifies information, and rewrites text for basic grammatical consistency and clarity of expression.
- Works collaboratively with global writing/editing team to develop, maintain, and implement company writing style and terminology.
- Serves as a liaison between the engineers and the graphic designers, explaining technical and often complex information making it easy to follow and understand.
- Maintains detailed records and prepares communications and reports as needed.
- Interacts professionally on a regular basis with staff, vendors and the general public.
- Assumes additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed or directed.
Education, Training and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in English, German, Communication, or a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Native or bilingual proficiency in English.
- Professional proficiency in German.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of experience in technical or professional writing.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and the use of the intranet and internet.
- Working knowledge of content management software such as OpenText, HubSpot, WordPress.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Developed analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to read, write and interpret reports and business correspondence for a diverse audience.
- Ability to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines.
- High degree of initiative and independent judgment.
- Ability to express self effectively and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to demonstrate a high attention to detail and good follow-up skills.
- Must be self-motivated, proactive and solution focused.
- Ability to tactfully and effectively deal with public and staff in a personable and professional manner.
- Maintains a high level of energy and a consistent positive attitude.
- Ability to work alongside other employees within all levels of the organization.
- Familiarity with the Chicago Manual of Style a plus.
- Well-developed skills in documentation research, writing, and editing tasks.
- Willingness and able to travel domestically to the closest P+F location for one week to meet with the Marketing Manager every two or three months; willingness to travel once a year to P+F headquarters in Germany.
Certification, Licenses, Registrations
Nature of work requires an ability to operate standard business office equipment. Requires ability to communicate and exchange information, collect, compile and prepare work documents, set-up and maintain work files. Ability to occasionally lift up to 10 lbs. independently. Travel by automobile and occasionally required. May require evening and weekend hours as business needs demand. Also requires participation and attendance at organization sponsored events and meetings.
Work performed in a manufacturing and general office environment.