Leidos is seeking a Senior Technical Writer/Editor to work from our Austin Texas location.
This role is onsite, no remote work.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the IOSS mission. The mission of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Information Technology (IT) Operations and Services (ITOPS), Infrastructure Operations (IO) is to support One VA world-class service to Veterans and their families by delivering results-oriented, secure, highly available, and cost-effective information technology services. IO support helps to provide critical services focusing on consistent availability of Veteran-facing applications and quick delivery of benefits for Veterans
Qualified candidates must have experience in editing narrative and graphic products to identify and correct grammatical formatting and logic errors and to identify logical inconsistencies that will require author attention. Must have experience in the application a variety of word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, and scheduling tools. Must have experience in meeting with authors and other team representatives to review documents, compile inputs/corrections, resolve incompatible comments, and provide final publishable documentation. Must have experience in explaining in simple language scientific and technical ideas that are difficult for the average reader to understand.
Sr. Technical Writer/Editor supports the Director, Infrastructure Technology Architecture Management. Concise documentation for robust software, sound processes, and program documentation are critical to ensuring delivery of the services provided by VA programs.
- Supports the implementation of new projects and upgrades to existing projects by developing and delivering technical documentation for the project and facilitating collaboration by establishing meeting locations, shared workspaces, agendas, Standard Operating Procedures, and meeting records.
- Utilizes currently installed IOSS Program documentation tools such as; Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Adobe FrameMaker, Visio, MS Project, Microsoft SharePoint, and ITOPS IO templates to support project documentations.
- Maintains an Architect Service Line SharePoint project site and assists as needed Infrastructure Technology Architecture (ITA).
- Identifies and organize artifacts and links for scoped projects and processes.
- Maintains and refines SharePoint artifacts (staff listings, team rosters, meeting notes, project plans, PPT presentations, action items, glossary listings, and how-to documents).
- Bachelor’s in engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific /technical discipline, plus 10 years of experience. 8 additional years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree.
- Ability to work in a matrix team environment, actively and effectively managing relationships with customers, technical teams, product development, project managers, and other program stake holders.
- Experience leading information technology projects involving innovation and/or modernization.
- US Citizen with ability to obtain public trust clearance. Federal Government requirement
- Familiarity with Federal Government, and specifically Department of Veterans Affairs Standard Operating Procedures and documentation requirements.
- Understanding of Enterprise Infrastructure Technology Architecture process, procedure, and parameters in accordance with Enterprise technologies and Gartner methodologies.
- Ability to work within Federal Contract standard and practices and multiple management reporting streams.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Writing and Editing
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.