Training Program Manager Nursing Education AdventHealth
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth
- Faith based & mission driven organization
- CREATION Health employee wellness and lifestyle programs
- Positive working climate to support a work life balance
• Full Time: M-F 8a-5p
- Responsible for program content creation, implementation and improvements at minimum quarterly. Including PowerPoint presentations, interactive activities, worksheets and handouts. Incorporates adult learning theory, cognitive load theory, and others as applicable.
- Coordinates and facilitates all aspects of training programs, including classroom presentations, workshops, simulation facilitation and debriefing. Individualizes, plans, implements and evaluates training programs in response to health care trends, staff learning needs, and organizational goals.
- Has oversight of participant's performance during initial onboarding. Functions as a subject matter expert to the education and management team during the length of the participant’s training program to meet performance objectives, clinical outcomes and professional behavior, such as growth plans, policy adherence, performance and continuous communication with GNs/RNs.
- Available as a consultant to AHS and AHS facilities regarding best practice for nurse training.
- Utilizes principles of adult learning to provide training consistent with Novice to Expert and differing levels of patient care across the continuum. Utilizes the process of systematic inquiry and continuous evaluation to develop educational activities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing
- Previous teaching experience in formal/informal settings
- 3-5 years hospital experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Master of Science degree in Nursing or Master’s degree in related field
- 3-5 years experience in education
- Advanced Life Support Instructor certification
- 1-3 years in lead or management role
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Current registration with the Florida State Board of Nursing as a Registered Professional Nurse
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
The Training Program Manager is responsible for planning, developing, facilitating and evaluating nursing education in their designated area at the system level. Uses the novice to expert model and includes the roles of educator, consultant, leader and researcher. The Training Program Manager model behaviors that reflect continued personal and professional growth and cultural competence. The Program Manager is cognizant of trends in practice and delivery of care and facilitates the process for learners to assume responsibility for maintaining competence in practice. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.