Help at Home is still hiring in your community!
Help at Home is the nation’s leading provider of high-quality support, providing a gold standard of care to seniors and people with disabilities.
Right now, our clients need us more than ever. We are still hiring compassionate caregivers and we recently increased wages to $13 per hour for all Illinois locations.
We are taking every precaution to protect our communities and we commit to being transparent and open in our hiring process to ensure your health and safety. Our clients, caregivers and employees will always be our top priority.
Transportation Aides assist with transportation for Help At Home's DCFS clients, including foster children and intact families, to various department-approved appointments and functions. Transportation Aides are assigned tasks that are approved by authorized DCFS staff and report to an assigned Help At Home Supervisor.
Help at Home strives to be an employer of choice in your community and our caregivers are the foundation of our work. Eligible staff have the opportunity to enroll in a wide variety of benefit programs, including lucrative bonuses in certain areas.
We offer a variety of in-depth training opportunities in order to provide our staff with the tools to be successful. Help at Home also offers strong career path possibilities for those caregivers who are committed to growing within the organization.
- Provide transportation for DCFS clients to approved locations, in accordance with the Resource Referral Form
- Record and submit accurate and complete record-keeping documents, including maintaining a log book detailing each trip
- Attend all required training sessions and staff conferences and report to the company supervisor weekly regarding each client
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent, or one year of documented home care experience through a human services program
- Valid driver’s license
- Basic knowledge of home management skills and effective communication skills
- Good physical health including documentation of a tuberculosis test within 6 months of the first assignment
- Flexibility and adaptability, with the willingness to work days, weekends and evenings in order to support clients
Skills and Expectations
- All Transportation Aides will complete training provided by Help At Home, including a pre-service program and 16 hours of driver training. Aides must achieve an average score of 85% or greater on the exam or must show evidence of 25 hours of supervised training as a homemaker within two years of the date of hire
- Must demonstrate a caring attitude toward all persons regardless of age or any physical or mental disability
- Must demonstrate the ability to effectively follow written and oral directions and instructions
In order to be employed as a Transportation Aide, candidates must comply with state background screening requirements. Compensation, benefits and bonuses vary by state and location so please ask for complete details at your interview.