WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world’s infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Wisconsin offices are located in Madison and Milwaukee. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.
Consistently ranked by Engineering News-Record as a Top 20 transportation firm, Michael Baker International offers clients an integrated team of professionals versed in all aspects of transportation planning, design, permitting, and construction management and inspection. In addition, Michael Baker International is a recognized leader in the practical aspects of operating and maintaining a safe and efficient transportation infrastructure.
Michael Baker is seeking a Roadway Project Manager to be a part of our Wisconsin Transportation Team. Ideal candidates will demonstrate expertise in delivering WisDOT and public works infrastructure projects. The successful candidate will build and maintain relationships with key client decision makers, keeping ahead of upcoming project advertisements and changes in the clients’ organization. The Roadway Project Manager will provide engineering design and oversight in the successful delivery of transportation and public works projects throughout Wisconsin and may support projects in other states. A working knowledge of Civil 3D is anticipated to effectively perform the tasks noted above and experience with Microstation and Inroads or Geopak is advantageous. Example experience will include:
• Leading design and plan production for conventional design-bid-build and/or design-build highway projects
• Managing direct reports
• Working with a team of engineers and planners to develop strategies and teaming arrangements to pursue projects
• Developing pursuit capture plans
• Reviewing the work of other professionals, including QA/QC of plans and specifications, mentoring, training and growing staff in the performance of job duties
• Having a broad understanding of roadway design, including roadway elements, hydrology and hydraulics, traffic-related items, and highway planning.
Minimum professional requirements include:
• Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or related field
• Professional Engineer (PE) license in the State of Wisconsin, or the ability to obtain a WI PE license within four months of hire
• 10 years of experience working on roadway design projects (WisDOT projects preferred)
• Demonstrated success in the delivery of transportation projects and programs
• Experience with Civil 3D and/or Microstation including Inroads or Geopak
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.