The Vice President of Global Operations represents the quality of manufacturing and production as a key member of Company’s Product Strategy Team. The VP of Global Operations works closely with all members from the Product Strategy Team and under the guidance of the Executive Leadership Team and Company Founder. This position ensures that all aspects of Global Sourcing and Manufacturing are carefully considered cross functionally as part of the product commercialization strategy, including assurance, compliance, strategic product sourcing and the manufacturing process.
- Plans, coordinates, and directs quality control program designed to ensure continuous production of products consistent with established standards: Develops and analyzes statistical data and product specifications to determine present standards and establish proposed quality and reliability expectancy of finished product.
- Formulates and maintains quality control objectives and coordinates objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other plant managers to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
- Directs, through intermediate personnel, workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, and products.
- Plans, promotes, and organizes training activities related to product quality and reliability.
- May investigate and adjust customer complaints regarding quality.
- Provide effective, hands-on quality control for the organization’s product line to ensure the quality policies and standards are maintained.
- Work hand in hand with Asia QC teams, review their reports and provide necessary feedback to ensure quality standards are met.
- Provide CAPs (corrective action plans) to factories to implement in the upcoming production lines.
- Organize pre-production meetings to review product specifications.
- Identify causes and corrective actions for production problems found during inspection.
- Ensure all AIs and manuals, brochures are up to date and vendors have the correct version at all times.
- Perfect the PSF (Product Specification) document by taking correct requirements from various stakeholders such as CX team, sales team, manufacturing team, sample team.
- Ensure size and other specifications for manufacturing are adhered to, and production/fit is in-line with approval samples
- Manage the open MRF (Manufacturing Request) open issues and provide resolutions on time.
- Work in close collaboration with the return team to ensure trend are analyzed, solutions are provided, and proper communication is executed with in the manufacturing department.
- Review failed inspection with head of product development to identify problems affecting the quality of merchandise and make disposition for re-inspection to ensure that quality standards are met.
- Ensure production and delivery problem feedback to the product development team in a timely manner.
- Review and update profiles for existing and prospective vendor/ factory to confirm that these accurately reflect resource capability and compliance with Code of Conduct and Country of Origin regulations.
- Work with local inspectors in factories and undertaking random field audit, providing reports and feedback to the Management.
- Develop training program and conducting training sessions on quality standards, quality control systems and procedures, production technology and problem solving.
- Monitor troubleshooting projects.
- Ensure factory personnel are trained and have clear concise reference documentation.
- Application of statistics reporting and analysis the performance of vendor and factory.
- Create a quality improvement plan with vendor and follow-up the effectiveness.
- Update quality records and client’s requirements.
- Manage Quality Control in various factories and warehouses, periodically audit supplier’s performance.
- Initiate corrections when the situation requires.
- Ensure all Quality Control procedures and requirements are communicated to all vendors.
- Ensure corrective actions are initiated and followed up until closure for all major quality issues that arise. Ensure corrective actions address the correct problem, specific outlined and effective at preventing reoccurrence.
- Perform additional duties as necessary to meet corporate requirements.
Qualifications and Required Experience
- Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be comfortable on feet in warehouse environment and traveling between warehouses
- 10+ years combined experience in Supply Chain and Global Sourcing within a Consumer Goods setting.
- 5+ years of Manager-level leadership experience
- 5+ years of Director-level leadership experience
- Demonstrated experience in production or manufacturing
- Demonstrated knowledge in the application of quality principles and industry guidelines
- Understanding of regulations and codes pertaining to product safety and labeling
- Experience with process control and statistical reporting
- Experience with packaging design and compliance
- Experience managing change in large and complex environments
- Travel and managerial experience in China and Vietnam required