With over 300 locations across the US, Apria Healthcare’s mission is to improve the quality of life for our 1.8 million patients at home by providing home respiratory services and select medical equipment to help them sleep better, breathe better, heal faster, and thrive longer. Additional information can be found at www.apria.com.
The Sr. Web Developer will be working with our eCommerce team to deliver new features, update existing features and fix new and existing bugs. This individual will be part of a team responsible for all aspects of website development including managing the existing code base and developing new functionality. The Sr. Web Developer will partner with all disciplines within the broader eCommerce teams to deliver an optimal customer experience by making it easy, valuable, and pleasurable for consumers when shopping with ApriaDirect.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build, implement, and test new website features
- Provide a full range of development as expert coder, resolving technical issues
- Install and configure Magento themes and apps
- Modify and update existing site to further improve UI/UX
- Continually optimize site for speed and latest responsive and mobile design techniques
- Identify and acknowledges challenges swiftly and directly, offers solutions and course-corrects as needed
- Deliver properly-tested, organized, bug-free code, on-time
- Test and optimize site for desktop, mobile, cross-browser compatibility, and SEO
- Provide guidance to team members on standards and best practices
- Assist IT with overall eCommerce infrastructure, including updating and maintaining staging and testing environments
- Lead contributor to road mapping, backlog grooming, and Agile processes/Sprint planning
- Perform business requirements analysis and translate to technical design.
- Oversee development and support for eCommerce operations, including user workflows and order management, payment processing, order fulfillment, reconciliation, fraud management, EDI/API integration, and transactional workflow of all orders in multiple platforms
- Maintain adequate internal controls and system of checks-balance to safeguard confidential information, including; auditing existing IT infrastructure, identifying inefficiencies, redundancies, and superfluous controls
- Partner with external technical resources to maintain ApriaDirect.com site and eCommerce functionality
- Identify opportunities for and execute test & learns and/or A/B testing
- Build and manage full funnel acquisition and engagement strategies to include paid and organic search and optimizing content for search engines. Some of which will include agency involvement
- Maintain development standards and perform code-reviews to ensure best-practices are followed
- Maintain finger on the pulse of new trends in digital marketing and DTC and evaluate relevance to Apria Direct's offerings and business model
- Other duties as required
- Work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
- Impeccable eye for design and maximizing UI/UX for eCommerce standards
- Experience with Photoshop taking PSDs and slicing into usable assets for the web
- Knowledge of advanced debugging techniques and usage of browser developer tools
- Experience with JIRA or similar project management software
- Ability to effectively multi-task in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Must exhibit a passion for the company’s growth stage in eCommerce and desire to expand and grow awareness for the Apria Healthcare retail brands and products online.
- Operates with curiosity to get to the root of the business problem to ensure the ultimate solution is grounded in strategy & aligns with eCommerce growth objectives
- Exhibit knowledge and understanding of leading practices in eCommerce operations, customer experience, sales tax, fulfillment functionality, and across a multitude of solutions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of version control, branching, code reviews, continuous integration, and deployment
- Communicates in an effective manner in both written and verbal forms with all team members.
- eCommerce experience working with technical teams, preferably using the Agile Methodology
Minimum Required Qualifications
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or 7+ years of experience in eCommerce Web Development
- 4+ Years Magento Experience
- Magento 2 Certification
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- 4+ years in-depth Magento development experience
- Magento 2.3+ specific experience in both Commerce and Open Source versions
- Thorough understanding of Magento 2.3+ tech stack, code structure, best practices
- Expertise in authoring and extending Magento extensions
- Thorough knowledge of Magento feature set and configuration
- Experience with Magento 2 Web APIs (REST)
- Magento 2.3+ specific experience in speed optimization, caching, and scaling techniques
- Experience in customizing Magento front-end components using layout XML, blocks, and templates
- Experience with server optimization for Magento 2
- Developing custom modules and extensions for Magento Commerce
- Integration with various APIs and third-party systems
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
- Magento 2 Certification
- Experience with eCommerce platforms such as Magento Enterprise, ZenDesk, Order Management Systems, Email Marketing platforms, and Google Analytics.
- Proficient to expert experience with Microsoft® Office Suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Language Skills
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
- College level mathematical proficiency, with a strong ability to understand, interpret, and develop spreadsheet data
- Must be willing to travel occasionally for training and other eCommerce initiatives (as required).
- Must be willing to work occasional weekends and holidays from remote home-office to support the launch and critical project timelines.
- Some travel required
This is a stationary position that requires frequent sitting or standing, repetitive wrist motions, grasping, speaking, listening, close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. It also may require occasional lifting, carrying, walking, climbing, kneeling, bending/stooping, twisting, pulling/pushing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching above the shoulder. This position also may require the occasional lifting of equipment up to 50 lbs.
The essential duties and responsibilities, physical requirements, and work environment described above are representative of those typically required for this position but may vary depending on staffing and business needs at specific locations. The inclusion or omission of a specific duty or physical requirement is, therefore, not determinative of whether that function is essential to a specific individual’s position. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to assist or enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Comprehensive benefits package offered for eligible employees:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Accounts and Healthcare Savings Accounts
- Life, AD&D and Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off, including Vacation, Personal Time, Paid Sick Leave & Paid Holidays
- 401K Savings Plan (available immediately)
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Referral Reward Program
- Employee Discount Programs
- Company Paid Employee Assistance Plan (available immediately)
- We recognize our veterans by offering a company paid day off for Veterans Day
- Career Advancement/ Development Opportunities
- Compensation is commensurate with experience
- Annual compensation is based on a 40 hour week
As an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Apria Healthcare shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and Vet.