The Web Graphic Designer provides design, production and project management in support of the content and design needs on La-Z-Boy.com and other digital Marketing channels. This position develops differentiated, compelling and interactive creative that is on-brand and best in class for all digital assets. The Web Graphic Designer works with the Creative Manager to develop the overall visual direction, concepts and execution of the La-Z-Boy.com web site, marketing initiatives, display/banner ads, social media and digital applications. Determines how to best represent concepts visually, and which design elements to use in accordance with the La-Z-Boy brand vision, strategy and positioning.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties as assigned):
- Executes a wide range of digital channels including web site design, web modules, mobile, social media, banner and display ads. Strong knowledge of animation, motion graphics, user interface design and presentation materials. Retouch, color-correct and manipulate photography and images as needed. Structure Photoshop comps to optimize efficient workflow and production.
- Collaborate with other members of the La-Z-Boy Digital Design and Production team as well as Marketing partners in the development of visually consistent experiences across media. Complete projects both independently and in partnership with other designers from inception to completion. Partner with Site manager and front-end developers to lead & execute UX/UI projects.
- Responsible for the conceptualization and implementation of digital design solutions that align with marketing strategies, initiatives and programs. Develops digital design solutions based on strategic direction, brand guidelines and industry standards.
- Analyze, refine and push our existing designs to make them better. Research and apply trends within the digital space and maintain cutting edge industry knowledge.
SCOPE & IMPACT:
Assist in driving Conversion rate to over 1%, increasing pages per session by 10%, and grow traffic by 2% YOY.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design with emphasis on digital media and 2-4 years of relevant experience, or equivalent.
- Strong online portfolio showcasing a variety of professional digital work.
- Mastery in visual communication and graphic design fundamentals such as composition, layout, typography, color theory.
- Demonstrate a high level of proficiency in web and multimedia software applications, including but not limited to; Adobe Creative Suite, Flash, HTML5, CSS in Mac OS, and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Motivated self-starter with an action oriented and can-do attitude.
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere, collaborating with copywriters and other designers.
- Some experience with UI, UX and wireframe development.
- Up to 5% travel.
- Ability to design and build dynamic, animated web banners in Adobe Flash or HTML5.
- Interactive development and execution experience including web, email, mobile and apps.
- Knowledge of producing motion graphics in After Effects.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Office environment/no specific or unusual physical environmental demands.
Lead the Team
Impact and Influence
Coach and Develop
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the incumbent for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.